Capturing Video, Program hangs.

I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't show up
as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I can't
use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also while
editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point the
program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have deleted all
temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up with
that?
--
THANX, Doc
4 answers Last reply

    With which program are you trying to capture.... Windows Movie Maker? It's
    not designed for that.
    www.coribright.com

    "doc" <doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't show
    >up
    > as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I
    > can't
    > use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also while
    > editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point the
    > program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have deleted
    > all
    > temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up with
    > that?
    > --
    > THANX, Doc

    I am using wmmto capture video from a DVCR. Works fine. I am trying to
    figure out how to get video from other sources. Also, I am having terrible
    problems with the program becoming unresponsive when I try to (rewind to view
    the changes I have made Transitions, text, etc) I have to close the program
    out to get it to work again. This requires me to save after every move I
    make. Surely this is not normal?

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > With which program are you trying to capture.... Windows Movie Maker? It's
    > not designed for that.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "doc" <doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't show
    > >up
    > > as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I
    > > can't
    > > use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also while
    > > editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point the
    > > program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have deleted
    > > all
    > > temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up with
    > > that?
    > > --
    > > THANX, Doc

    Are you capturing via firewire?
    --

    >I am using wmmto capture video from a DVCR. Works fine. I am trying to
    > figure out how to get video from other sources. Also, I am having
    > terrible
    > problems with the program becoming unresponsive when I try to (rewind to
    > view
    > the changes I have made Transitions, text, etc) I have to close the
    > program
    > out to get it to work again. This requires me to save after every move I
    > make. Surely this is not normal?
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> With which program are you trying to capture.... Windows Movie Maker?
    >> It's
    >> not designed for that.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "doc" <doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't
    >> >show
    >> >up
    >> > as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I
    >> > can't
    >> > use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also
    >> > while
    >> > editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point
    >> > the
    >> > program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have
    >> > deleted
    >> > all
    >> > temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up
    >> > with
    >> > that?
    >> > --
    >> > THANX, Doc

    Yes, am using firewire. I have found a way to import video using another
    program to capture, but I still have major problems with the editor "hanging
    (becoming unresponsive as stated in my posts. Help!!!

Video Windows XP