Capturing Video, Program hangs.

Tags:
  • Video
  • Windows XP
February 10, 2005 2:29:02 AM

I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't show up
as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I can't
use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also while
editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point the
program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have deleted all
temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up with
that?
--
THANX, Doc

More about : capturing video program hangs

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 2:59:17 PM

With which program are you trying to capture.... Windows Movie Maker? It's
not designed for that.
www.coribright.com

"doc" <doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't show
>up
> as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I
> can't
> use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also while
> editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point the
> program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have deleted
> all
> temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up with
> that?
> --
> THANX, Doc

February 11, 2005 11:19:02 PM

I am using wmmto capture video from a DVCR. Works fine. I am trying to
figure out how to get video from other sources. Also, I am having terrible
problems with the program becoming unresponsive when I try to (rewind to view
the changes I have made Transitions, text, etc) I have to close the program
out to get it to work again. This requires me to save after every move I
make. Surely this is not normal?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> With which program are you trying to capture.... Windows Movie Maker? It's
> not designed for that.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "doc" <doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't show
> >up
> > as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I
> > can't
> > use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also while
> > editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point the
> > program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have deleted
> > all
> > temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up with
> > that?
> > --
> > THANX, Doc

February 12, 2005 6:20:22 PM

Are you capturing via firewire?
--

>I am using wmmto capture video from a DVCR. Works fine. I am trying to
> figure out how to get video from other sources. Also, I am having
> terrible
> problems with the program becoming unresponsive when I try to (rewind to
> view
> the changes I have made Transitions, text, etc) I have to close the
> program
> out to get it to work again. This requires me to save after every move I
> make. Surely this is not normal?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> With which program are you trying to capture.... Windows Movie Maker?
>> It's
>> not designed for that.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "doc" <doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I cannot capture video from my DVD drive in my computer. It doesn't
>> >show
>> >up
>> > as a choice in the wizard. Also, I have an adaptec USB 2 device and I
>> > can't
>> > use it either. It does work with MY DVD However. Any ideas? Also
>> > while
>> > editing, after I add a transition, if I try to rewind past that point
>> > the
>> > program "Hangs and doesn't respond. I defragged yesterday, have
>> > deleted
>> > all
>> > temp files. Have Plenty of HD space, in excess of 30 gig. What,s up
>> > with
>> > that?
>> > --
>> > THANX, Doc

February 13, 2005 12:39:01 PM

Yes, am using firewire. I have found a way to import video using another
program to capture, but I still have major problems with the editor "hanging
(becoming unresponsive as stated in my posts. Help!!!

!