TMPG DVD Author - Chapter playing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 22, 2004 12:23:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I wish to be able to play all chapters, but after the chapters for one track
have played it goes nack to the menu.

On the last chapter of a track, the Next button does not go to the forst
chapter of the next track.

My structure is as follows:

I split my 13Gb DV avi file into smaller avi files, so that the main menu
has these showing as Tracks
In eac track I set chapters as required., but I wish to use the Next button
to go thru all chapters, but it will only got thru the chapters on that
particular track

Thanks to all
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:23:21 PM

"Tony" <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I wish to be able to play all chapters, but after the chapters for one
track
> have played it goes nack to the menu.
>
> On the last chapter of a track, the Next button does not go to the forst
> chapter of the next track.
>
> My structure is as follows:
>
> I split my 13Gb DV avi file into smaller avi files, so that the main menu
> has these showing as Tracks
> In eac track I set chapters as required., but I wish to use the Next
button
> to go thru all chapters, but it will only got thru the chapters on that
> particular track
>
> Thanks to all

On my version 1.5.20.62, under the tab "Menu display settings",
there is a selection box titled "Action to take after each track has been
played:". You can click on the down arrow on the right side of the box,
which will bring up a number of options including "Play next track".

How much does a Braille Keyboard run nowadays?

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:23:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> How much does a Braille Keyboard run nowadays?

Completely uncalled for.
April 22, 2004 12:23:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

In article <408725f1$0$35087$a32e20b9
@news.nntpservers.com>, kmaltby@sbcglobal.net says...

> "Tony" <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> > I wish to be able to play all chapters, but after the chapters for one
> track
> > have played it goes nack to the menu.
> >
> > On the last chapter of a track, the Next button does not go to the forst
> > chapter of the next track.
> >
> > My structure is as follows:
> >
> > I split my 13Gb DV avi file into smaller avi files, so that the main menu
> > has these showing as Tracks
> > In eac track I set chapters as required., but I wish to use the Next
> button
> > to go thru all chapters, but it will only got thru the chapters on that
> > particular track
> >
> > Thanks to all
> >

> On my version 1.5.20.62, under the tab "Menu display settings",
> there is a selection box titled "Action to take after each track has been
> played:". You can click on the down arrow on the right side of the box,
> which will bring up a number of options including "Play next track".

Interestingly enough, one of my DVD players will allow
me to use the "next chapter" command to skip from the
last chapter in a track to the first chapter in the next
track. WinDVD 4, OTOH, won't. With WinDVD, I either
have to skip to the last chapter then let it play out
which will then play into the next track, or bring up
the track menu.

So it could easily be something funky with how the
player implements the "next chapter" button.

(Yes, I have the tracks set to "display next track".)
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:23:23 PM

"luminos" <logos1@trip.net> wrote in message

> > How much does a Braille Keyboard run nowadays?
>

> Completely uncalled for.

And I thought I was showing a great deal of self-restraint
by not mentioning the OP's use of AVI in TMPGEnc DVD
Author.

Ken
April 23, 2004 1:25:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Hi, I set it to play next treack, and PowerDVFD doesnt go to the next
chapter in the next track, but from what you saod, maybe, I should re write
it and test in my player. Tks for your comments
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 1:25:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Re-authoring is the only way to correct it Tony.

Slurpee

Remove both SPAMs from address when replying.

!