error COOD116A, can't play dvds

mattp

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2002

It says to adjust pixels and colours and stuff, but that doesn't work either.
the drive makes a loud whirring noise when it tries to start up.

Your dvd decoder is bad. I had a NERO decoder and it wasn't XP compatible.
Click START - RUN and type in
DVDUPGRD /Detect
to find out which decoder you have... then go get a powerDVD disk and
install it. Then you'll have a clvsd.as decoder. DVD players come with disks
that have decoders on them. Search Microsoft's website to find compatible
decoders or just reinstall your dvd playing software.

-Good luck.