error COOD116A, can't play dvds

It says to adjust pixels and colours and stuff, but that doesn't work either.
the drive makes a loud whirring noise when it tries to start up.
3 answers Last reply
More about error cood116a play dvds

    Your dvd decoder is bad. I had a NERO decoder and it wasn't XP compatible.
    Click START - RUN and type in
    DVDUPGRD /Detect
    to find out which decoder you have... then go get a powerDVD disk and
    install it. Then you'll have a clvsd.as decoder. DVD players come with disks
    that have decoders on them. Search Microsoft's website to find compatible
    decoders or just reinstall your dvd playing software.

    -Good luck.

    "ctoro" wrote:

    > Your dvd decoder is bad. I had a NERO decoder and it wasn't XP compatible.
    > Click START - RUN and type in
    > DVDUPGRD /Detect
    > to find out which decoder you have... then go get a powerDVD disk and
    > install it. Then you'll have a clvsd.as decoder. DVD players come with disks
    > that have decoders on them. Search Microsoft's website to find compatible
    > decoders or just reinstall your dvd playing software.
    >
    > -Good luck.
    >
    > "mattp" wrote:
    >
    > > It says to adjust pixels and colours and stuff, but that doesn't work either.
    > > the drive makes a loud whirring noise when it tries to start up.
  3. i nedd repair file for reprodiction of media player sende please this archive.

Video Microsoft Windows XP