Dazzle 150 Software problem

I own a Dazzle 150 with USB 2.0 Support. I love the hardware but the
software could be better. Does anyone know if an open source or really
any alternative software is available besides The Pinnacle Studios Quick
Start Software that came with my Dazzle? I am looking for software that
will do it all.
The General

Well,

I had a Dazzle 150 for a while and did not think much of it. The card
itself is OK, but as far as I could find out, you can only use it with
the supplied software "Moviestar" which is a truly dreadful
application. The Dazzle card is a proprietary piece of kit as far as I
can make out - even the MPEGs it produces via Moveistar have serious
audio skew when you try to edit them in (say) Adobe PRemiere.

I have ditched the Dazzle and moved on to a better solution. Sorry to
have to be the bearer of bad tidings here!

best
Dave P
London UK

The General <thegeneral1865@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<108e725am7ii081@corp.supernews.com>...
> I own a Dazzle 150 with USB 2.0 Support. I love the hardware but the
> software could be better. Does anyone know if an open source or really
> any alternative software is available besides The Pinnacle Studios Quick
> Start Software that came with my Dazzle? I am looking for software that
> will do it all.
> The General

The Dazzle 150 captures very well, however its now tied in with Studio
8 from pinnacle which is a pain. As long as you are patient and bang
your captures into something like Vegas 4, the results are fine.

pclark@tapeop.com (Dave Phillips) wrote in message news:<9e52ce55.0405050558.5e56380e@posting.google.com>...
> Well,
>
> I had a Dazzle 150 for a while and did not think much of it. The card
> itself is OK, but as far as I could find out, you can only use it with
> the supplied software "Moviestar" which is a truly dreadful
> application. The Dazzle card is a proprietary piece of kit as far as I
> can make out - even the MPEGs it produces via Moveistar have serious
> audio skew when you try to edit them in (say) Adobe PRemiere.
>
> I have ditched the Dazzle and moved on to a better solution. Sorry to
> have to be the bearer of bad tidings here!
>
> best
> Dave P
> London UK
>

> The General <thegeneral1865@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<108e725am7ii081@corp.supernews.com>...
> > I own a Dazzle 150 with USB 2.0 Support. I love the hardware but the
> > software could be better. Does anyone know if an open source or really
> > any alternative software is available besides The Pinnacle Studios Quick
> > Start Software that came with my Dazzle? I am looking for software that
> > will do it all.
> > The General

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

On 5 May 2004 06:58:39 -0700, pclark@tapeop.com (Dave Phillips) wrote:

>Well,
>
>I had a Dazzle 150 for a while and did not think much of it. The card
>itself is OK, but as far as I could find out, you can only use it with
>the supplied software "Moviestar" which is a truly dreadful
>application. The Dazzle card is a proprietary piece of kit as far as I
>can make out - even the MPEGs it produces via Moveistar have serious
>audio skew when you try to edit them in (say) Adobe PRemiere.
>
>I have ditched the Dazzle and moved on to a better solution. Sorry to
>have to be the bearer of bad tidings here!
>
>best
>Dave P
>London UK

a friend of mine has the Dazzle device and has used it several times
to input the video into the computer. Once the video is in the
computer, he can use any editor to work with it. In his case, he's
been using MovieMaker 2 and had no problems getting it edited, adding
titles etc. Moviestar truly isn't the best editor out there. It
might not be so bad if it's interface was anything CLOSE to other
editing programs.