burned dvd wont play on dvd player

burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.
5 answers Last reply
More about burned wont play player

    Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
    support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
    be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
    some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
    $20.

    "manny" wrote:

    > burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
    > other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
    > different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.

    the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
    them on my computer.

    "Silkish" wrote:

    > Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
    > support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
    > be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
    > some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
    > $20.
    >
    > "manny" wrote:
    >
    > > burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
    > > other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
    > > different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.

    what format did the movie you burned use? e.g. DivX, svcd. most players wont
    recognise divx format. you can reformat the movie file and reburn it to a
    format that works on your player. try using TS_svcd format. that works on
    most players.

    "manny" wrote:

    > the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
    > them on my computer.
    >
    > "Silkish" wrote:
    >
    > > Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
    > > support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
    > > be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
    > > some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
    > > $20.
    > >
    > > "manny" wrote:
    > >
    > > > burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
    > > > other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
    > > > different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.

    o.k. i use dvd clooner to burn dvd's. it works great, the movies play on all
    dvd players. i bought a new computer, an e-machine with a pentium 4, multi
    format dvd+/-rw, whatever. still no problems burning. but then, i noticed the
    dvd player in the bedroom stopped playing the new disc's i burned. read no
    disc error. so i burn on several different types of dvd's. no change. all the
    other dvd players can still read them. so i use my friends computer, he has
    the same program. i use the same dvd+r. everythings the same excect the
    computer. i burn it, pop it in to the dvd player in the bedroom it works . i
    watch the movie, i cry, eventful. i burn the same movie from my computer,same
    everything. it wont play in the bedroom. why? i've checked the setttings as
    much as i can or know. what is my drive doing different from his drive? can
    it be reset or can i never watch movies in bed again?
    the dvd player in the bedroom still plays all the old movies i burned with
    my old computer.
    "major_minor" wrote:

    > what format did the movie you burned use? e.g. DivX, svcd. most players wont
    > recognise divx format. you can reformat the movie file and reburn it to a
    > format that works on your player. try using TS_svcd format. that works on
    > most players.
    >
    > "manny" wrote:
    >
    > > the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
    > > them on my computer.
    > >
    > > "Silkish" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
    > > > support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
    > > > be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
    > > > some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
    > > > $20.

    See if there is a firmware update for the dvd drive in your new
    computer. If there is, apply it and see if that helps.

    Ken

    manny wrote:
    > o.k. i use dvd clooner to burn dvd's. it works great, the movies play on all
    > dvd players. i bought a new computer, an e-machine with a pentium 4, multi
    > format dvd+/-rw, whatever. still no problems burning. but then, i noticed the
    > dvd player in the bedroom stopped playing the new disc's i burned. read no
    > disc error. so i burn on several different types of dvd's. no change. all the
    > other dvd players can still read them. so i use my friends computer, he has
    > the same program. i use the same dvd+r. everythings the same excect the
    > computer. i burn it, pop it in to the dvd player in the bedroom it works . i
    > watch the movie, i cry, eventful. i burn the same movie from my computer,same
    > everything. it wont play in the bedroom. why? i've checked the setttings as
    > much as i can or know. what is my drive doing different from his drive? can
    > it be reset or can i never watch movies in bed again?
    > the dvd player in the bedroom still plays all the old movies i burned with
    > my old computer.
    > "major_minor" wrote:
    >

    >>what format did the movie you burned use? e.g. DivX, svcd. most players wont
    >>recognise divx format. you can reformat the movie file and reburn it to a
    >>format that works on your player. try using TS_svcd format. that works on
    >>most players.
    >>
    >>"manny" wrote:
    >>

    >>>the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
    >>>them on my computer.

Video DVD DVD Players Computers Windows XP