burned dvd wont play on dvd player

February 10, 2005 8:17:09 PM

burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 8:41:02 PM

Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
$20.

"manny" wrote:

> burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
> other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
> different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.
February 10, 2005 11:27:02 PM

the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
them on my computer.

"Silkish" wrote:

> Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
> support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
> be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
> some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
> $20.
>
> "manny" wrote:
>
> > burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
> > other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
> > different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.
February 10, 2005 11:55:02 PM

what format did the movie you burned use? e.g. DivX, svcd. most players wont
recognise divx format. you can reformat the movie file and reburn it to a
format that works on your player. try using TS_svcd format. that works on
most players.

"manny" wrote:

> the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
> them on my computer.
>
> "Silkish" wrote:
>
> > Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
> > support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
> > be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
> > some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
> > $20.
> >
> > "manny" wrote:
> >
> > > burned dvd for my computer, it wont play on my dvd player, but will play on
> > > other dvd players. burned same movie, same dvd+r, program, etc., from
> > > different computer, it plays on my dvd player. i don't get it.
February 11, 2005 12:43:07 AM

o.k. i use dvd clooner to burn dvd's. it works great, the movies play on all
dvd players. i bought a new computer, an e-machine with a pentium 4, multi
format dvd+/-rw, whatever. still no problems burning. but then, i noticed the
dvd player in the bedroom stopped playing the new disc's i burned. read no
disc error. so i burn on several different types of dvd's. no change. all the
other dvd players can still read them. so i use my friends computer, he has
the same program. i use the same dvd+r. everythings the same excect the
computer. i burn it, pop it in to the dvd player in the bedroom it works . i
watch the movie, i cry, eventful. i burn the same movie from my computer,same
everything. it wont play in the bedroom. why? i've checked the setttings as
much as i can or know. what is my drive doing different from his drive? can
it be reset or can i never watch movies in bed again?
the dvd player in the bedroom still plays all the old movies i burned with
my old computer.
"major_minor" wrote:

> what format did the movie you burned use? e.g. DivX, svcd. most players wont
> recognise divx format. you can reformat the movie file and reburn it to a
> format that works on your player. try using TS_svcd format. that works on
> most players.
>
> "manny" wrote:
>
> > the dvd player plays dvd-/+r and all that. it just wont play them when i burn
> > them on my computer.
> >
> > "Silkish" wrote:
> >
> > > Your DVD player might not be able to play the DVD because it might not
> > > support DVD +/- R/RW media. However there are new DVD players that you may
> > > be able to get at pretty much any store that sells electronics. I checked at
> > > some places and I found some pretty decent ones at Fry's Electronics about
> > > $20.

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 2:05:38 PM

See if there is a firmware update for the dvd drive in your new
computer. If there is, apply it and see if that helps.

Ken

!