aquiring network address ...

my wireless network worked fine before i installed service pack 2, my
internet connects to a wireless and hub and connects with a line to 1
computer and wireless to antother computer i have tried various things .. and
the same problem occurs ...

the signal strenght is usually always good or very good, it finds the
wireless network then says "aquring network address" then it times out and
says .. "limited or no connectivity" while saying at the same time "very
good" for signal strenght ...

why is this happening?

It sounds like authentication is not working. What type of security do you
have enabled? None, WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-RADIUS, etc.? Have you tried
deleting your preferred network and then add it again?

Jeff

"ttrryytt" <ttrryytt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my wireless network worked fine before i installed service pack 2, my
> internet connects to a wireless and hub and connects with a line to 1
> computer and wireless to antother computer i have tried various things ..
> and
> the same problem occurs ...
>
> the signal strenght is usually always good or very good, it finds the
> wireless network then says "aquring network address" then it times out and
> says .. "limited or no connectivity" while saying at the same time "very
> good" for signal strenght ...
>
> why is this happening?

i have tried no authentication and ive tried WEP, the WEP was working before
i sntalled service pack 2 also .. by deleting the perfered network, is that
like deleteing it and unchecking automatic and adding it manual?

That is correct. Just delete it, rescan, and then let XP configure it for
you. It should determine that WEP is being used and then prompt you to
enter the key.