Creating DVD's, output to harddisk instead of DVDwriter

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I'd like to know if there is any software that can convert my mpeg2
files to DVD (ifo, bup and Vob) and save the output to harddisk (NOT in
an ISO file)??

Rik

"Rick" <fixitnospam@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> I'd like to know if there is any software that can convert my mpeg2
> files to DVD (ifo, bup and Vob) and save the output to harddisk (NOT in
> an ISO file)??

Most authoring programs can do this. Impression and Encore are two that I
know that create the files without writing to DVD.

> Rik

<posted & mailed>

Most any software can do this (this is the norm in Linux/UNIX, for example,
but possible in most any other environment). There are a number of reasons
that you do not want to go directly to ISO. Note too that you can always
mount the ISO and view it's contents.

--
remove .spam from address to reply by e-mail.

"Rick" <fixitnospam@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> I'd like to know if there is any software that can convert my mpeg2
> files to DVD (ifo, bup and Vob) and save the output to harddisk (NOT in
> an ISO file)??
>
> Rik

I like TMPGEnc DVD Author for that.

Luck;
Ken

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:28:38 +0200, Rick <fixitnospam@xs4all.nl>
wrote:

>I'd like to know if there is any software that can convert my mpeg2
>files to DVD (ifo, bup and Vob) and save the output to harddisk (NOT in
>an ISO file)??

The one I use, Tmpgecn DVD Author, does that -and I would be very much
surprised that it were the exception.

Premiere 8 does it. Really speeds up subsequent copies.

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
stauffer@usfamily.net