I am tring to use my windows movie maker to edit our home movies and it says
that i dont have a video capture device but when i go into my device
manager it list that i have a Legacy Video Capture Device and that it is
working properly. What is this about ??? I am a computer idiot so please be
simple with the explanations. Thanks in advance.

Video Idiot!
--
Help

Legacy Video Capture Device would indicate that you can capture analog
video... but MovieMaker is designed to capture digital video.

So, what kind of camcorder do you have, analog or digital? If it's digital,
connect the camcorder to the PC with a firewire cable and MovieMaker will be
very happy to capture your video.

If it's analog, you'll have to use third party software for the capture.
www.coribright.com

"Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am tring to use my windows movie maker to edit our home movies and it
>says
> that i dont have a video capture device but when i go into my device
> manager it list that i have a Legacy Video Capture Device and that it is
> working properly. What is this about ??? I am a computer idiot so please
> be
> simple with the explanations. Thanks in advance.
>
> Video Idiot!
> --
> Help

The Camcorder in Question is a JVC Compact VHS Model # GR-AXM250U and i do
belive the output is 75 ohm. unbalanced analog so please ,if you could ,
tell me what kind of cable to use and where to plug it in that would be
greatly appreciated again thank you so much for your help.

Vidiot.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Legacy Video Capture Device would indicate that you can capture analog
> video... but MovieMaker is designed to capture digital video.
>
> So, what kind of camcorder do you have, analog or digital? If it's digital,
> connect the camcorder to the PC with a firewire cable and MovieMaker will be
> very happy to capture your video.
>
> If it's analog, you'll have to use third party software for the capture.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am tring to use my windows movie maker to edit our home movies and it
> >says
> > that i dont have a video capture device but when i go into my device
> > manager it list that i have a Legacy Video Capture Device and that it is
> > working properly. What is this about ??? I am a computer idiot so please
> > be
> > simple with the explanations. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Video Idiot!
> > --
> > Help

First you'll have to have an analog capture device.... and some analog
capture hardware.

See: www.videohelp.com for various reviews about what to choose.
--

> The Camcorder in Question is a JVC Compact VHS Model # GR-AXM250U and i
> do
> belive the output is 75 ohm. unbalanced analog so please ,if you could ,
> tell me what kind of cable to use and where to plug it in that would be
> greatly appreciated again thank you so much for your help.
>
> Vidiot.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Legacy Video Capture Device would indicate that you can capture analog
>> video... but MovieMaker is designed to capture digital video.
>>
>> So, what kind of camcorder do you have, analog or digital? If it's
>> digital,
>> connect the camcorder to the PC with a firewire cable and MovieMaker will
>> be
>> very happy to capture your video.
>>
>> If it's analog, you'll have to use third party software for the capture.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I am tring to use my windows movie maker to edit our home movies and it
>> >says
>> > that i dont have a video capture device but when i go into my device
>> > manager it list that i have a Legacy Video Capture Device and that it
>> > is
>> > working properly. What is this about ??? I am a computer idiot so
>> > please
>> > be
>> > simple with the explanations. Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > Video Idiot!
>> > --
>> > Help

Any suggestion on what to buy, because im just lost on picking a good
manufacturer of this device. They range from $59 to $359 and many makes. My
Graphics card is a NVidia FX5200 128 mb so if you could tell me what is a
good buy i would deffinatley appericiate it !
Vidiot !

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> First you'll have to have an analog capture device.... and some analog
> capture hardware.
>
> See: www.videohelp.com for various reviews about what to choose.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The Camcorder in Question is a JVC Compact VHS Model # GR-AXM250U and i
> > do
> > belive the output is 75 ohm. unbalanced analog so please ,if you could ,
> > tell me what kind of cable to use and where to plug it in that would be
> > greatly appreciated again thank you so much for your help.
> >
> > Vidiot.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Legacy Video Capture Device would indicate that you can capture analog
> >> video... but MovieMaker is designed to capture digital video.
> >>
> >> So, what kind of camcorder do you have, analog or digital? If it's
> >> digital,
> >> connect the camcorder to the PC with a firewire cable and MovieMaker will
> >> be
> >> very happy to capture your video.
> >>
> >> If it's analog, you'll have to use third party software for the capture.
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> >> www.coribright.com
> >>
> >> "Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

SORRY FOR THE SPELLING ON THAT LAST POST. TIRED I GUESS!!!!

"Video Problems" wrote:

> Any suggestion on what to buy, because im just lost on picking a good
> manufacturer of this device. They range from $59 to $359 and many makes. My
> Graphics card is a NVidia FX5200 128 mb so if you could tell me what is a
> good buy i would deffinatley appericiate it !
> Vidiot !
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > First you'll have to have an analog capture device.... and some analog
> > capture hardware.
> >
> > See: www.videohelp.com for various reviews about what to choose.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The Camcorder in Question is a JVC Compact VHS Model # GR-AXM250U and i
> > > do
> > > belive the output is 75 ohm. unbalanced analog so please ,if you could ,
> > > tell me what kind of cable to use and where to plug it in that would be
> > > greatly appreciated again thank you so much for your help.
> > >
> > > Vidiot.

Your graphics card doesn't by chance have VIVO capabilities, does it?

> Any suggestion on what to buy, because im just lost on picking a good
> manufacturer of this device. They range from $59 to $359 and many makes.
> My
> Graphics card is a NVidia FX5200 128 mb so if you could tell me what is a
> good buy i would deffinatley appericiate it !
> Vidiot !
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> First you'll have to have an analog capture device.... and some analog
>> capture hardware.
>>
>> See: www.videohelp.com for various reviews about what to choose.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Video Problems" <VideoProblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > The Camcorder in Question is a JVC Compact VHS Model # GR-AXM250U and
>> > do
>> > belive the output is 75 ohm. unbalanced analog so please ,if you could
>> > ,
>> > tell me what kind of cable to use and where to plug it in that would
>> > be
>> > greatly appreciated again thank you so much for your help.
>> >
>> > Vidiot.

No it just has the tv out feature and the port my monitor gets hooked into.
No thats the problem if i had 1 of those i would be on my way i guess.
Thanks so much for your time and
effort in this matter,

Vidiot.