trapped on a level

i am in nova prospect. i have 3 sentry guns at my disposal. constant
stream of attacking guards. I have set one up by the gate. one facing the
other way and put one in the corridor (which contains health and shield). i
can't seem to hold out. have i set the guns in the optimum pattern? I keep
standing the guns back up as grenades knock them over. If i have them too
close then i get taken out by the grenades. If too far away i can't stand
them back up. i usually hide in a corner and only come out to stand the
guns back up. This strategy worked on easy level but now on normal it seems
even the flying hacker droids can knock over the auto turrets.

shawk

"ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message
>i am in nova prospect. i have 3 sentry guns at my disposal. constant
>stream of attacking guards. I have set one up by the gate. one facing the
>other way and put one in the corridor (which contains health and shield).
>i can't seem to hold out. have i set the guns in the optimum pattern? I
>keep standing the guns back up as grenades knock them over. If i have them
>too close then i get taken out by the grenades. If too far away i can't
>stand them back up. i usually hide in a corner and only come out to stand
>the guns back up. This strategy worked on easy level but now on normal it
>seems even the flying hacker droids can knock over the auto turrets.

SPOILER

The easy option is to turn the guns around so that they are facing out the
cubicles but leave them in there. You then get in the middle cubicle out of
harms way. For a challenge though set the guns as you have previously and
try catching the grenades and manhacks with the gravity gun (you can also
use the grav-gun to stand up any guns that do get knocked over) - much
better sense of achievement

SPOILER:
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
An alternative approach is to use the crates in the area to build a
"staircase" back up to the balcony you originally jumped off. Then
retrace your steps and find as much junk as possible. There are some
doors, tables, filing cabinets. Throw them all down into the cells
area.

Then build yourself a little den in one of the cells where you can duck
down out of sight. If the Combine don't see you, they won't throw
grenades at you.
Position the guns so they peek over the top of some cover (eg. filing
cabinet). I ususally have two guns in the cell with me, pointing
different directions, and put the third one in a different cell behind
a metal door on it's long edge (the door is just the right size that
the gun peeks over the top).

Remember that the guards will only start arriving when you place the
third tripod, so make sure the third one you place is inside your den,
to give you the maximum amount of time to get comfortable. Then crouch
down out of sight and let the tripods sort it out.

Player1

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2002

ian lincoln wrote:
> i am in nova prospect. i have 3 sentry guns at my disposal. constant
> stream of attacking guards. I have set one up by the gate. one facing the
> other way and put one in the corridor (which contains health and shield). i
> can't seem to hold out. have i set the guns in the optimum pattern? I keep
> standing the guns back up as grenades knock them over. If i have them too
> close then i get taken out by the grenades. If too far away i can't stand
> them back up. i usually hide in a corner and only come out to stand the
> guns back up. This strategy worked on easy level but now on normal it seems
> even the flying hacker droids can knock over the auto turrets.

test