Dual Network Connection Settings

I have a wireless connection at work that has a fixed ranged of IP addresses
and it is only by assigning a fixed address from that range that I can access
the network. However I also have a wireless network at home and I have
various wireless networks that I access whilst in New York, all of which
require dynamic IP addressing.

So my question is, Can I have 2 Wireless network setups, olne with the fixed
IP address and the other not where the one will be automatically invoked over
the other depending on the location?

Thanks to anyone who replies to this :)

You may want to check the software that came with your wireless adapter if
any. Alot now days like Netgear's allow you to store profiles so you should
be able to change back and forth I think.

--
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind -

"spamtrap@online.nospam" wrote:

> You may want to check the software that came with your wireless adapter if
> any. Alot now days like Netgear's allow you to store profiles so you should
> be able to change back and forth I think.
>
> -- Hi spamtrap
thanks for the reply. The laptop I'm using is a centrino chipped one and has
built in wireless - no software - but you've at least given me the idea to
ring Toshiba and se if they know any way, so thanks :)

Well How dumb am I?

There staring me in the face on the TCP/IP properties for the adapter was an
'alternate Configuration tab' that lets me put in the fixed IP adress I need
for the office while allowing dynamic IP addressing on the other side.

I initialy tried setting up another Windows XP profile so I'm not sure if
this action caused the tab to appear, but in any case it's there now (and may
have been all along) and it works a treat.

:)