Recommend vid capture card w firewire, rca, and svideo?

I am looking for a video capture card that has firewire, rca, and s-video
input. I don't *really* want to buy separate cards for everything and an
all-in-one like that would work great. I am just not sure in which
direction to go.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,
Bill
3 answers Last reply
More about recommend capture card firewire svideo

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, "Bill Unger" <billu@nospam.com> wrote:
    >I am looking for a video capture card that has firewire, rca, and s-video
    >input. I don't *really* want to buy separate cards for everything and an
    >all-in-one like that would work great. I am just not sure in which
    >direction to go.

    Check eBay for a used Pinnacle Dv500

    BUT... You should FIRST go to the Dv500 forum and check to make sure
    your motherboard is compatible
    http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_forums.asp?WebboardID=4&SectionID=12&ProductID=321&SubDocTypesID=96

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    It doesn't look like it is widely accepted by many of the new software
    programs, which is going to prevent me jumping on it - though it is exactly
    what I am looking for though.

    Are there any other products similar to that one that are currently
    available?

    thanks!
    Bill

    "John Thomas Smith" <jtsmith@pacifier.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, "Bill Unger" <billu@nospam.com> wrote:
    > >I am looking for a video capture card that has firewire, rca, and s-video
    > >input. I don't *really* want to buy separate cards for everything and an
    > >all-in-one like that would work great. I am just not sure in which
    > >direction to go.
    >
    > Check eBay for a used Pinnacle Dv500
    >
    > BUT... You should FIRST go to the Dv500 forum and check to make sure
    > your motherboard is compatible

    http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/read_forums.asp?WebboardID=4&SectionID=12&ProductID=321&SubDocTypesID=96

    > John Thomas Smith
    > http://www.direct2usales.com
    > http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

    Check out the Canopus ACEDVio card

    One card for all Video Editors! ACEDVio is the world's only analog and
    DV editing card that is completely compatible with hundreds of video
    editing applications and all widely used video equipment.

    Provides analog and DV input/output compatibility for leading editing
    and DVD authoring applications.

    Connects to all widely used analog and DV cameras and decks.
    Compatible with Windows and Mac OS computers.

    Provides the industry's highest quality analog-to-DV and DV-to-analog
    video conversion with locked audio support.

    Provides video output to a monitor or television while editing.
    Features adjustable brightness, contrast, saturation, hue and
    sharpness controls on analog video input*.

    The broadest editing software support and video equipment
    compatibility ensures a longer product life and a high return on
    investment.

    ACEDVio is available in several flavors:

    ACEDVio Ultra Bundle $549.95
    Combines Canopus's ACEDVio realtime analog and DV capture and output
    solution with Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Adobe Audition™ and Adobe Encore™
    DVD.

    ACEDVIO w/ Vegas 4 $499.95

    ACEDVIO (card only) $299.95

    For more info or to order http://www.videoguys.com/ACEDVio.html

    Gary
    Videoguys.com
    The Electronic Mailbox 800 323-2325
    We are the Desk Top Video Editing and DVD Production Experts!
    Sign up for the Videoguys' Insider newsletter http://www.videoguys.com/insider.html

Tuner Cards Video Capture Firewire RCA Graphics