Blue Screen of Death while watching a video in Media Playe..

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi --
I recently installed media player 10 on my XP Pro w/sp2. While watching a
video, I got the blue screen of death. The dump analysis showed nothing. I
suspect the new Media Player. I wanted to reistall MS MediaPlayer 9, but it
detect I had a more recent release. I can't find any doc on how to uninstall
Media Player 10.

Can someone tell me how I can get back to media player 9?

Thank you in advance

Hi

Could you please post the Stop Code from the BSOD?

If you do still want to uninstall WMP 10, there are some options here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0030.aspx#Question6

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi --
> I recently installed media player 10 on my XP Pro w/sp2. While watching a
> video, I got the blue screen of death. The dump analysis showed nothing.
> suspect the new Media Player. I wanted to reistall MS MediaPlayer 9, but
> it
> detect I had a more recent release. I can't find any doc on how to
> uninstall
> Media Player 10.
>
> Can someone tell me how I can get back to media player 9?
>
> Thank you in advance

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Will --
The stop code is
0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0xAC10C5553, 0xAD79DBB0, 0xAD79D8AC)

tfsnifs.sys -- Address AC10C553 Base A7 AC0FC000 Datestamp 3F313057

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi --
> I recently installed media player 10 on my XP Pro w/sp2. While watching a
> video, I got the blue screen of death. The dump analysis showed nothing. I
> suspect the new Media Player. I wanted to reistall MS MediaPlayer 9, but it
> detect I had a more recent release. I can't find any doc on how to uninstall
> Media Player 10.
>
> Can someone tell me how I can get back to media player 9?
>
> Thank you in advance

What you could do is go to start menu, click on control panel, find where it
says Add/Remove Programs, after click on show updates and make sure there is
a check in the box. Then find Windows Media Player 10, and click uninstall.

Silkish Wrote:
> What you could do is go to start menu, click on control panel, find
> where it
> says Add/Remove Programs, after click on show updates and make sure
> there is
> a check in the box. Then find Windows Media Player 10, and click
> uninstall.
>
> "Jack" wrote:
> -
> Will --
> The stop code is
> 0x0000007e (0xC0000005, 0xAC10C5553, 0xAD79DBB0, 0xAD79D8AC)
>
> tfsnifs.sys -- Address AC10C553 Base A7 AC0FC000 Datestamp 3F313057
>
> "Jack" wrote:
> -
> Hi --
> I recently installed media player 10 on my XP Pro w/sp2. While
> watching a
> video, I got the blue screen of death. The dump analysis showed
> nothing. I
> suspect the new Media Player. I wanted to reistall MS MediaPlayer 9,
> but it
> detect I had a more recent release. I can't find any doc on how to
> uninstall
> Media Player 10.
>
> Can someone tell me how I can get back to media player 9?
>
> Thank you in advance
> --

i am having similar problems. i get the blue screen of death while
playing a game. i'm getting the following error message sierraw caused
a general protection fault in module krnl386.exe at 0001:a023. sierraw
will close. i tryed everything i can think of to get rid of this error
but it keeps appearing everytime i play the game and then restart it and
i get the bsod. any help would be appreciated thank you.

--
joe82005