Software video player that will step forward and backward

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Desktops
  • Video
  • Software
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 23, 2004 10:09:29 PM

I am looking for a MediaPlayer replacement other then Quicktime that
will allow a frame by frame advance both forward and backward, I have
one that allows a forward advance but not a backward one. So far only
QT seems to allow this.

Thanks

More about : software video player step forward backward

April 24, 2004 9:15:11 PM

John H. Power a écrit :

> I am looking for a MediaPlayer replacement other then Quicktime that
> will allow a frame by frame advance both forward and backward, I have
> one that allows a forward advance but not a backward one. So far only
> QT seems to allow this.
>
> Thanks
Window Movie Maker 2 do that and perhaps VLC too.
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 12:25:47 AM

On a sunny day (Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:09:29 -0400) it happened John H. Power
<johnpowe@bellsouth.net> wrote in
<fs4j801lqgloeefkqks76qrcspjm22eo8g@4ax.com>:

>I am looking for a MediaPlayer replacement other then Quicktime that
>will allow a frame by frame advance both forward and backward, I have
>one that allows a forward advance but not a backward one. So far only
>QT seems to allow this.
>
>Thanks
Linux mplayer, Linux xine
Not all quicktime is supported, but mplayer supports most formats.
And it is free.
JP
April 25, 2004 12:32:07 AM

Not exactly a video player, but VirtualDub shall do.
April 25, 2004 12:32:08 AM

"Bariloche" <bariloche@bariloche.com> wrote in message news:jjcl80lj883c5fvfahm5e88fd810frg7do@4ax.com...
> Not exactly a video player, but VirtualDub shall do.

I use MPEG Video Wizard, which handles avi, mpg, vob etc.
Even has a forward/backward I-frame only stepping for mpegs,
great for slicing perfect segments.

Rick
!