Software video player that will step forward and backward

I am looking for a MediaPlayer replacement other then Quicktime that
will allow a frame by frame advance both forward and backward, I have
one that allows a forward advance but not a backward one. So far only
QT seems to allow this.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about software video player step forward backward

    John H. Power a écrit :

    > I am looking for a MediaPlayer replacement other then Quicktime that
    > will allow a frame by frame advance both forward and backward, I have
    > one that allows a forward advance but not a backward one. So far only
    > QT seems to allow this.
    >
    > Thanks
    Window Movie Maker 2 do that and perhaps VLC too.

    On a sunny day (Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:09:29 -0400) it happened John H. Power
    <johnpowe@bellsouth.net> wrote in
    <fs4j801lqgloeefkqks76qrcspjm22eo8g@4ax.com>:

    >I am looking for a MediaPlayer replacement other then Quicktime that
    >will allow a frame by frame advance both forward and backward, I have
    >one that allows a forward advance but not a backward one. So far only
    >QT seems to allow this.
    >
    >Thanks
    Linux mplayer, Linux xine
    Not all quicktime is supported, but mplayer supports most formats.
    And it is free.
    JP

    Not exactly a video player, but VirtualDub shall do.

    "Bariloche" <bariloche@bariloche.com> wrote in message news:jjcl80lj883c5fvfahm5e88fd810frg7do@4ax.com...
    > Not exactly a video player, but VirtualDub shall do.

    I use MPEG Video Wizard, which handles avi, mpg, vob etc.
    Even has a forward/backward I-frame only stepping for mpegs,
    great for slicing perfect segments.

    Rick

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Software Graphics