Ulead MediaStudio Pro - Video editing?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.dvd.video.software (More info?)

I'm new to MediaStudio Pro 7. I need to find a way to remove 4 frames
from a 3 minute video file. The frames to be removed are in the middle
of the video file. When playing the file a picture flashes on the
screen (length of 4 frames) which can be distracting to the viewer.

I have looked at the manual and it instructs on how to insert a video
but I can't find anything on removing a 4 frame video bit.

I'd be interested in knowing a method to remove the frames. I don't
want to mess up my video file doing the wrong type of video editing.

Regards Brian

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Zoom in as far as you can, use the Split tool, insert splits at the
beginning and end of your 4 frames, then drag the rest of it in. Does that
make sense?
//cory

"Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to MediaStudio Pro 7. I need to find a way to remove 4 frames
> from a 3 minute video file. The frames to be removed are in the middle
> of the video file. When playing the file a picture flashes on the
> screen (length of 4 frames) which can be distracting to the viewer.
>
> I have looked at the manual and it instructs on how to insert a video
> but I can't find anything on removing a 4 frame video bit.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing a method to remove the frames. I don't
> want to mess up my video file doing the wrong type of video editing.
>
> Regards Brian

Lazarus

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.dvd.video.software (More info?)

What you are trying to do is the most basic edit possible and you say there
is nothing in the manual????

You really ought to read it a bit more!

Did you spend hundreds of pounds/dollars on this editing package and then
decide not to learn how to use it or are you using pirate software?

Either you want to edit video or you dont?

Use your scissors to cut them out....takes all of 15 seconds!

"Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to MediaStudio Pro 7. I need to find a way to remove 4 frames
> from a 3 minute video file. The frames to be removed are in the middle
> of the video file. When playing the file a picture flashes on the
> screen (length of 4 frames) which can be distracting to the viewer.
>
> I have looked at the manual and it instructs on how to insert a video
> but I can't find anything on removing a 4 frame video bit.
>
> I'd be interested in knowing a method to remove the frames. I don't
> want to mess up my video file doing the wrong type of video editing.
>
> Regards Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks Cory.
When you say drag the rest in do you mean drag the start or the end
point so that the points join togeather.

Regards Brian

"Cory" <here@there.com> wrote:

>Zoom in as far as you can, use the Split tool, insert splits at the
>beginning and end of your 4 frames, then drag the rest of it in. Does that
>make sense?
>//cory
>
>"Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm new to MediaStudio Pro 7. I need to find a way to remove 4 frames
>> from a 3 minute video file. The frames to be removed are in the middle
>> of the video file. When playing the file a picture flashes on the
>> screen (length of 4 frames) which can be distracting to the viewer.
>>
>> I have looked at the manual and it instructs on how to insert a video
>> but I can't find anything on removing a 4 frame video bit.
>>
>> I'd be interested in knowing a method to remove the frames. I don't
>> want to mess up my video file doing the wrong type of video editing.
>>
>> Regards Brian

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

After you've made the split, you can then delete the frames that you want
out. Then you will have two separate clips: what was before what you
deleted, and what is after you deleted. Now drag the second part left toward
the first clip. That will remove the time where you just took out the
frames. That help?

> Thanks Cory.
> When you say drag the rest in do you mean drag the start or the end
> point so that the points join togeather.
>
> Regards Brian
>

> "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote:
>
> >Zoom in as far as you can, use the Split tool, insert splits at the
> >beginning and end of your 4 frames, then drag the rest of it in. Does
that
> >make sense?
> >//cory
> >
> >"Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm new to MediaStudio Pro 7. I need to find a way to remove 4 frames
> >> from a 3 minute video file. The frames to be removed are in the middle
> >> of the video file. When playing the file a picture flashes on the
> >> screen (length of 4 frames) which can be distracting to the viewer.
> >>
> >> I have looked at the manual and it instructs on how to insert a video
> >> but I can't find anything on removing a 4 frame video bit.
> >>
> >> I'd be interested in knowing a method to remove the frames. I don't
> >> want to mess up my video file doing the wrong type of video editing.
> >>
> >> Regards Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.dvd.video.software (More info?)

Fiest of all I have been reading the manual. The manual tells you how
to insert a video clip and tells you about rippleing etc but as far as
I could see showed no examples of removing a few frames from the video
clip.
I just needed a push in the right direction.
Someone has helped me by telling me to the split tool.

Lazarus you should be more helpful to beginners of Media Studio Pro!!

Regards Brian

"Lazarus" <manof@manynames.com> wrote:

>What you are trying to do is the most basic edit possible and you say there
>is nothing in the manual????
>
>You really ought to read it a bit more!
>
>Did you spend hundreds of pounds/dollars on this editing package and then
>decide not to learn how to use it or are you using pirate software?
>
>Either you want to edit video or you dont?
>
>Use your scissors to cut them out....takes all of 15 seconds!
>

>"Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm new to MediaStudio Pro 7. I need to find a way to remove 4 frames
>> from a 3 minute video file. The frames to be removed are in the middle
>> of the video file. When playing the file a picture flashes on the
>> screen (length of 4 frames) which can be distracting to the viewer.
>>
>> I have looked at the manual and it instructs on how to insert a video
>> but I can't find anything on removing a 4 frame video bit.
>>
>> I'd be interested in knowing a method to remove the frames. I don't
>> want to mess up my video file doing the wrong type of video editing.
>>
>> Regards Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003