We have a DVD that was made about our late great aunt, and it was a home-
made movie. Got it in the mail, but don't know how to copy it for ourselves
and then send back the original. Plz help!

You could probably find a local shop to do it for you. Otherwise, you will
need a DVD writer and software to do the copying.

You can get an internal drive, if you are willing to open up your computer
and install it. Otherwise you can find an external USB/Firewire driven drive
that could connect to your computer, that is provided you have a USB or
Firewire port.

I use Nero as the software, but there are others. Most likely the drive will
come with some software.

"Kevin M." <Kevin M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a DVD that was made about our late great aunt, and it was a home-
> made movie. Got it in the mail, but don't know how to copy it for
> ourselves
> and then send back the original. Plz help!

"Kevin M." <Kevin M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a DVD that was made about our late great aunt, and it was a
> home-
> made movie. Got it in the mail, but don't know how to copy it for
> ourselves
> and then send back the original. Plz help!

Use this freeware: http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ DVD Decrypter can be used
to create an ISO copy of that DVD which it can then burn to DVD-R for you.

Here's a guide to using DVD Decrypter:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr.cfm

Regards,
Ian.