how to list and delete codecs

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I screwed up mpeg-2 playing by installing too many questionable mpeg-2 codecs.

I cannot play DVDs in WMP9, but can play a renamed VOB file. SVCD files have
no audio.

I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them listed
anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them
listed
> anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.

Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab

Morrmar wrote:

>>I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them
>
> listed
>
>>anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.
>

> Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
> Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab

Also, if that doesn't do it you may need to remove any DirectShow
filters configured for MPEG2. DXMan makes this simple to do:
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/dxman.htm

-WD

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Nero installs Mpeg-2, as did Elecard. Neither show up in Device Mangler's
Audio/Video Codecs.

I am trying dxman.

Morrmar <morrmar@myway.com-no> Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:26:52 -0400 wrote

>> I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them
>listed
>> anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.
>

>Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
>Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab

But not all codecs/filters are there....
e.g. my TV card softvare can capture TV to MPEG-1+2,
but no MPEG related item ( except Xvid MPEG4 ) is there.

--
"Libor the Wanderer" <poutnikqdel@atthislas.cz>
Sorry for my english in case of such troubles.