how to list and delete codecs

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I screwed up mpeg-2 playing by installing too many questionable mpeg-2 codecs.

I cannot play DVDs in WMP9, but can play a renamed VOB file. SVCD files have
no audio.

I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them listed
anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.
4 answers Last reply
More about list delete codecs
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    > I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them
    listed
    > anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.

    Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
    Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Morrmar wrote:

    >>I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them
    >
    > listed
    >
    >>anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.
    >

    > Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
    > Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab

    Also, if that doesn't do it you may need to remove any DirectShow
    filters configured for MPEG2. DXMan makes this simple to do:
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/dxman.htm

    -WD
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Nero installs Mpeg-2, as did Elecard. Neither show up in Device Mangler's
    Audio/Video Codecs.

    I am trying dxman.

    "Morrmar" <morrmar@myway.com-no spam> wrote in message

    > Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
    > Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

    Morrmar <morrmar@myway.com-no> Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:26:52 -0400 wrote

    >> I know there are nero mpeg-2 codecs installed, but I do not see them
    >listed
    >> anywhere. How do I list them so I can delete them and start over.
    >

    >Device Manager> Sound Video and Game Controllers>Video Codecs> Double
    >Click on Video Codecs>Properties Tab

    But not all codecs/filters are there....
    e.g. my TV card softvare can capture TV to MPEG-1+2,
    but no MPEG related item ( except Xvid MPEG4 ) is there.

    --
    "Libor the Wanderer" <poutnikqdel@atthislas.cz>
    Sorry for my english in case of such troubles.

Tuner Cards MPEG Codec Graphics