Movie Maker gives "class not registered"

WHY? It worked not a few months ago, I can't think of any changes made to
the computer. Grr.... is it a driver? I've SEARCHED and SEARCHED... but
nothing.

It's a JVC-DVL310 / with XP / Movie Maker [or Premiere, but premiere says
"Can't Activate Camcorder, Try Resetting] / with a firewire 1394 cable.

It worked a few months ago and I made a stunning DVD.
4 answers Last reply
More about movie maker class registered

    On the Start -> Run dialog enter the following line:

    regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll

    and press the OK (also ok the resulting dialogs). Restart Windows Movie
    Maker and try capturing the movie again.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

    "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > WHY? It worked not a few months ago, I can't think of any changes made to
    > the computer. Grr.... is it a driver? I've SEARCHED and SEARCHED... but
    > nothing.
    >
    > It's a JVC-DVL310 / with XP / Movie Maker [or Premiere, but premiere says
    > "Can't Activate Camcorder, Try Resetting] / with a firewire 1394 cable.
    >
    > It worked a few months ago and I made a stunning DVD.

    THANKS!... worked. But what did it do?
    -ry

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > On the Start -> Run dialog enter the following line:
    >
    > regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll
    >
    > and press the OK (also ok the resulting dialogs). Restart Windows Movie
    > Maker and try capturing the movie again.
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    >

    > "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > WHY? It worked not a few months ago, I can't think of any changes made to
    > > the computer. Grr.... is it a driver? I've SEARCHED and SEARCHED... but
    > > nothing.
    > >
    > > It's a JVC-DVL310 / with XP / Movie Maker [or Premiere, but premiere says
    > > "Can't Activate Camcorder, Try Resetting] / with a firewire 1394 cable.
    > >
    > > It worked a few months ago and I made a stunning DVD.

    Re-registered the dll file in the Registry.
    www.coribright.com

    > THANKS!... worked. But what did it do?
    > -ry

    I am glad it worked. Most likely you had uninstalled some other video
    related program. Some programs when uninstalled, unregister the DLLs without
    realizing these may be used by other programs. This line re-registered the
    particular DLL that is used by Movie Maker during capturing.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

    "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > THANKS!... worked. But what did it do?
    > -ry
    >
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    >> On the Start -> Run dialog enter the following line:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 %windir%\system32\qdv.dll
    >>
    >> and press the OK (also ok the resulting dialogs). Restart Windows Movie
    >> Maker and try capturing the movie again.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rehan
    >> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    >>

    >> "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > WHY? It worked not a few months ago, I can't think of any changes made
    >> > the computer. Grr.... is it a driver? I've SEARCHED and SEARCHED...
    >> > but
    >> > nothing.
    >> >
    >> > It's a JVC-DVL310 / with XP / Movie Maker [or Premiere, but premiere
    >> > says
    >> > "Can't Activate Camcorder, Try Resetting] / with a firewire 1394 cable.
    >> >
    >> > It worked a few months ago and I made a stunning DVD.

Video Movie Maker Windows XP