AGP Apperature Size - modifying it from within XP?

Hello - I have a laptop and a desktop computer, both running XP
professional. The desktop is pretty current - AGP 8x and the laptop has a
hardwired 4x AGP card. Neither, however, has an AGP apperature size setitng
in the BIOS. I found on google a setting for Windows 2000 to manaully set
the AGP apperature, but there doesn't appear to be one for XP.

Any thoughts? The laptop has a 16 MB video and I just want to verify the
total amount of memory it's allocating - and if possible push it up a notch
or two. The PC is fine, with a very new video card and motherboard - but for
my own curriousity find out how much memory is being allocated.

Thanks for any help,

Patrick

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The book "The BIOS Companion" has a lot of info on AGP aperture size (too
much for me to type here) but it does state that the default of 64Mb is
usually enough.

> The book "The BIOS Companion" has a lot of info on AGP aperture size (too
> much for me to type here) but it does state that the default of 64Mb is
> usually enough.

Thanks for the tip, I'll certainly take a look at the book. But the question
I was asking is if there is a setting in XP in the registry or whatever to
set the AGP apperature size WHEN THERE IS NO BIOS SETTING, or if there is a
way to tell the current AGP apperature size.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All indications are there is no way to set it except via the BIOS.