How to find power consumption of processors & chip sets

I want to get a custom built desktop style (not tower) computer to put in
my TV Stand so I can watch TV on my computer monitor and use the same
monitor to do computer work including PVR and basic video editing. I will
NOT be using it for games. I know the smaller form factor means I have to
be concerned with heat and power usage, plus I'm expecting power costs to
skyrocket in the near future.

But I can't find how much power the processors and chip sets use. Would I
be better off with a P4 or an AMD XP processor? And which chip set to go
with it, preferably with an integrated graphics chip that would work for TV
viewing?

Thanks.

Hactar

In article <Xns94D55979FF0B9uubonfighotmail@209.221.136.9>,
U. U. <uubonfig@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to get a custom built desktop style (not tower) computer to put in
> my TV Stand so I can watch TV on my computer monitor

For long (like >30 min) TV shows you may find the small "TV" annoying.

Take a look at the table in http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=55000279 .

--
-eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar

A: Because it looks dumb and is hard to read.