How to find power consumption of processors & chip sets

I want to get a custom built desktop style (not tower) computer to put in
my TV Stand so I can watch TV on my computer monitor and use the same
monitor to do computer work including PVR and basic video editing. I will
NOT be using it for games. I know the smaller form factor means I have to
be concerned with heat and power usage, plus I'm expecting power costs to
skyrocket in the near future.

But I can't find how much power the processors and chip sets use. Would I
be better off with a P4 or an AMD XP processor? And which chip set to go
with it, preferably with an integrated graphics chip that would work for TV
viewing?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about find power consumption processors chip sets

    In article <Xns94D55979FF0B9uubonfighotmail@209.221.136.9>,
    U. U. <uubonfig@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > I want to get a custom built desktop style (not tower) computer to put in
    > my TV Stand so I can watch TV on my computer monitor

    For long (like >30 min) TV shows you may find the small "TV" annoying.

    Take a look at the table in http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=55000279 .

    --
    -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar

    A: Because it looks dumb and is hard to read.
    Q: Why is top-posting wrong? -- from lots42@xxx.com

    "U. U." wrote:

    > I want to get a custom built desktop style (not tower) computer to put in
    > my TV Stand so I can watch TV on my computer monitor and use the same
    > monitor to do computer work including PVR and basic video editing. I will
    > NOT be using it for games.

    http://www.htpcnews.com

Tuner Cards Processors Graphics