Size of Video wriiting to DVD

shooter

Hi

I have a video which I have edited and rendered. On one part the audio is of
sink at a couple of points which I have been unable to correct and on the
other hand, the rendered video is of mpeg2 and of 850mb in size. The problem
with the size is that a DVD is of 4.7Gb therefor 2 850mb videos should be
able to fit on one DVD, but am only able to write one 850mb video to the DVD
as with trying to write two there is not enough space. 1) why is the audio
out of sink? 2) Why does the video increase in size when written to DVD.

You're comments will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Rather than tell us the file size of the videos, tell us HOW LONG in minutes
the total amount of video is that you are trying to burn to a DVD and what
program you are using to burn the DVD.
www.coribright.com

"Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a video which I have edited and rendered. On one part the audio is
> of
> sink at a couple of points which I have been unable to correct and on the
> other hand, the rendered video is of mpeg2 and of 850mb in size. The
> problem
> with the size is that a DVD is of 4.7Gb therefor 2 850mb videos should be
> able to fit on one DVD, but am only able to write one 850mb video to the
> DVD
> as with trying to write two there is not enough space. 1) why is the audio
> out of sink? 2) Why does the video increase in size when written to DVD.
>
> You're comments will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

shooter

The time length of the two files trying two write to DVD is approx 2 hours 40
minutes and was using Nero 6 too write them to DVD. Surely if the compression
bring the file size too 800mb/850mb approx then it should write to DVD at
that size!

Thanks

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Rather than tell us the file size of the videos, tell us HOW LONG in minutes
> the total amount of video is that you are trying to burn to a DVD and what
> program you are using to burn the DVD.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a video which I have edited and rendered. On one part the audio is
> > of
> > sink at a couple of points which I have been unable to correct and on the
> > other hand, the rendered video is of mpeg2 and of 850mb in size. The
> > problem
> > with the size is that a DVD is of 4.7Gb therefor 2 850mb videos should be
> > able to fit on one DVD, but am only able to write one 850mb video to the
> > DVD
> > as with trying to write two there is not enough space. 1) why is the audio
> > out of sink? 2) Why does the video increase in size when written to DVD.
> >
> > You're comments will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you.

If you are trying to burn a DVD (e.g. one that'll play like a normal
bought/rented DVD) then NERO will CONVERT the input file(s) to the standard
VIDEO_TS/*.VOB etc. files. That's why your blowing past the 4.5 gig barrier
as the total movie length is too long in that standard format.

What you seem like you want to do is simply have a data DVD with multipule
mpg files on it. My el-cheapo DVD player presents a choice of which file to
watch when presented with such a DVD, yours might not.