how to capture from tape with sound

I have digital cam Samsung VP D325 PAL. It has both tape and card. there are
no problems with card. But when i am trying to capture from video device,
there is no sound taken. when i capture with special samsung's program, i get
video in asf format and it is with sound. when i try to import this file to
windows media maker i get message that this asf file is not indexed. The box
mute is clear
Is there a solution? Thanks for everybody who will answer :)
--
Edita

Is the digital camcorder connected to the PC via firewire?
www.coribright.com