How to crack a DVD region with SmartRipper?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 25, 2004 6:23:56 AM

I was copying an out of print DVD that was made in Japan 6 years ago. Japan
is region 2. So I copied it on hard drive with SmartRipper and then authored
DVD-R with TMPGenc DVD Author from hard drive. Surprisingly, the DVD-R came out
with region 2 locked. Unbelievable. Anyone knows how to crack it?

--Leonid
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 2:18:10 AM

DVD Shrink will probably do it as you can tell it to make it region free or
not.

"Leonid Makarovsky" <venom@cs.bu.edu> wrote in message
: I was copying an out of print DVD that was made in Japan 6 years ago.
Japan
: is region 2. So I copied it on hard drive with SmartRipper and then
authored
: DVD-R with TMPGenc DVD Author from hard drive. Surprisingly, the DVD-R
came out
: with region 2 locked. Unbelievable. Anyone knows how to crack it?
:
: --Leonid
:
!