split/join DV files without re-encodering?

peter

I captured several DV type 2 files that I want to trim the ends and then
join together.

I used premiere 6.5 to do this. But exporting the file back to DV takes 2X
the length of the video on a 2.4GHz pentium (60 minutes video takes 2 hours
to export). I think premiere re-encodes the DV file even though all I do is
cut and join.

Is there a way to tell premiere not to re-encode? I already set the export
video format to be the same as the input format. Perhaps I didn't do it
right.

Is there a simpler DV file editor that does cut and join editing and does
not re-encode video?

>Is there a simpler DV file editor that does cut and join editing and does
>not re-encode video?

You can use VirtualDub for this purpose. You need to have a VfW
complying DV codec isntalled. Since you will not re-encode the
Mainconcept ( www.mainconcept.de ) trial which is free should be
sufficient.

HTH

Markus