invalid IP address?

i have a toshiba satelite p15-s470; when i connect to my local cafe's wifi
network my laptop says it's connected but wont let my browser open. the
connectivity doctor and other problem solving tools say that i have an
invalid IP address.(it also said once "automatic private IP address) i use
this wifi network often but this just happened now. their access point is
fine . what can i do?
3 answers Last reply
More about invalid address

    try ipconfig /? (in a dos prompt window)
    then the /all cmd
    then try refresh all

    mike

    "thecitrusavenger" <thecitrusavenger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:C75E7C2E-8CB0-4DEB-9594-251EFE897255@microsoft.com...
    > i have a toshiba satelite p15-s470; when i connect to my local cafe's wifi
    > network my laptop says it's connected but wont let my browser open. the
    > connectivity doctor and other problem solving tools say that i have an
    > invalid IP address.(it also said once "automatic private IP address) i use
    > this wifi network often but this just happened now. their access point is
    > fine . what can i do?

    ---

    Thanks, i tried it but it didn't work. any more suggestions?

    "mike" wrote:

    > try ipconfig /? (in a dos prompt window)
    > then the /all cmd
    > then try refresh all
    >
    > mike
    >
    > "thecitrusavenger" <thecitrusavenger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:C75E7C2E-8CB0-4DEB-9594-251EFE897255@microsoft.com...
    > > i have a toshiba satelite p15-s470; when i connect to my local cafe's wifi
    > > network my laptop says it's connected but wont let my browser open. the
    > > connectivity doctor and other problem solving tools say that i have an
    > > invalid IP address.(it also said once "automatic private IP address) i use
    > > this wifi network often but this just happened now. their access point is
    > > fine . what can i do?
    >

    > ---

    Start|Run| type CMD then hit enter
    From this command prompt type ipconfig/release
    Now type ipconfig/renew

    "thecitrusavenger" <thecitrusavenger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:48B51A52-E4E6-46D1-95A1-E3DDAB4F56BA@microsoft.com...

    > Thanks, i tried it but it didn't work. any more suggestions?
    >
    > "mike" wrote:
    >
    >> try ipconfig /? (in a dos prompt window)
    >> then the /all cmd
    >> then try refresh all
    >>
    >> mike
    >>
    >> "thecitrusavenger" <thecitrusavenger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:C75E7C2E-8CB0-4DEB-9594-251EFE897255@microsoft.com...
    >> > i have a toshiba satelite p15-s470; when i connect to my local cafe's
    >> > wifi
    >> > network my laptop says it's connected but wont let my browser open. the
    >> > connectivity doctor and other problem solving tools say that i have an
    >> > invalid IP address.(it also said once "automatic private IP address) i
    >> > use
    >> > this wifi network often but this just happened now. their access point
    >> > is
    >> > fine . what can i do?
    >>

    >> ---

IP Address Wireless Networking