Why can't I upload my Mpeg4 file into movie maker?

I get the following messgae when trying to upload my file:

C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My Documents\My Videos\Melville Castle.mpg
could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from

I am afraid I do not understand the error message.
4 answers Last reply
More about upload mpeg4 file movie maker

    More info would mean more help, like which app are you using that gives that
    error message?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I get the following messgae when trying to upload my file:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My Documents\My Videos\Melville Castle.mpg
    > could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events
    from

    > I am afraid I do not understand the error message.

    I have also encountered this error.
    Windows Movie Maker gives this error when trying to
    import an mpg file into a collection.

    The file was created using video captured using Power
    Producer Gold.

    Help with this would be appreciated as the mpg file is
    small enough to fit onto a DVD-R.
    Thanks.

    I don't understand your post.

    "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have also encountered this error.
    > Windows Movie Maker gives this error when trying to
    > import an mpg file into a collection.
    >
    > The file was created using video captured using Power
    > Producer Gold.
    >
    > Help with this would be appreciated as the mpg file is
    > small enough to fit onto a DVD-R.
    > Thanks.

    Ooops if I'd read the full title of the question I'd have had more of a clue
    for the OP.
    MM does not work well with Mpegs files, as you have found. You need to use
    dv-avi or wmv's. Once editied you output the movie from MM as a dv-avi and
    then use your dvd authoring app to make the mpegs and burn to dvd.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have also encountered this error.
    > Windows Movie Maker gives this error when trying to
    > import an mpg file into a collection.
    >
    > The file was created using video captured using Power
    > Producer Gold.
    >
    > Help with this would be appreciated as the mpg file is
    > small enough to fit onto a DVD-R.
    > Thanks.

Video Movie Maker Windows XP