Why can't I upload my Mpeg4 file into movie maker?

February 17, 2005 1:33:04 PM

I get the following messgae when trying to upload my file:

C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My Documents\My Videos\Melville Castle.mpg
could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from

I am afraid I do not understand the error message.

More about : upload mpeg4 file movie maker

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:28:03 PM

More info would mean more help, like which app are you using that gives that
error message?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I get the following messgae when trying to upload my file:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My Documents\My Videos\Melville Castle.mpg
> could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events
from

> I am afraid I do not understand the error message.
March 28, 2005 9:22:57 AM

I have also encountered this error.
Windows Movie Maker gives this error when trying to
import an mpg file into a collection.

The file was created using video captured using Power
Producer Gold.

Help with this would be appreciated as the mpg file is
small enough to fit onto a DVD-R.
Thanks.

Related resources
March 28, 2005 11:30:13 PM

I don't understand your post.

"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have also encountered this error.
> Windows Movie Maker gives this error when trying to
> import an mpg file into a collection.
>
> The file was created using video captured using Power
> Producer Gold.
>
> Help with this would be appreciated as the mpg file is
> small enough to fit onto a DVD-R.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 12:51:35 PM

Ooops if I'd read the full title of the question I'd have had more of a clue
for the OP.
MM does not work well with Mpegs files, as you have found. You need to use
dv-avi or wmv's. Once editied you output the movie from MM as a dv-avi and
then use your dvd authoring app to make the mpegs and burn to dvd.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

!