media player and realplayer can't play avi video

Dear all,

Neither my media player nor realplayer can play the video file in *.avi
format, only music can be heard with a blank screen.
When using Realplayer Plus, the error message is "Unable to render video;
DX50 decompressor not found"

Please help
2 answers Last reply
More about media player realplayer play video

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:28:55 +0800, "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com>
    wrote:

    >Dear all,
    >
    >Neither my media player nor realplayer can play the video file in *.avi
    >format, only music can be heard with a blank screen.
    >When using Realplayer Plus, the error message is "Unable to render video;
    >DX50 decompressor not found"
    >
    >Please help

    download the free DivX codec:
    http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

    Dave

    I've got it, thanks

    "da_test" <davexnet02NO@SPAMyahoo.com>
    ???????:fi9c119vq3uf9c9rnvuuhvnnbkirlu0680@4ax.com...
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:28:55 +0800, "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Dear all,
    > >
    > >Neither my media player nor realplayer can play the video file in *.avi
    > >format, only music can be heard with a blank screen.
    > >When using Realplayer Plus, the error message is "Unable to render video;
    > >DX50 decompressor not found"
    > >
    > >Please help
    > >

    > download the free DivX codec:
    > http://www.divx.com/divx/download/
    >
    > Dave

Video Realplayer Media Player Windows XP