media player and realplayer can't play avi video

February 19, 2005 2:28:55 AM

Dear all,

Neither my media player nor realplayer can play the video file in *.avi
format, only music can be heard with a blank screen.
When using Realplayer Plus, the error message is "Unable to render video;
DX50 decompressor not found"

Please help
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:28:56 AM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:28:55 +0800, "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com>
wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Neither my media player nor realplayer can play the video file in *.avi
>format, only music can be heard with a blank screen.
>When using Realplayer Plus, the error message is "Unable to render video;
>DX50 decompressor not found"
>
>Please help

download the free DivX codec:
http://www.divx.com/divx/download/