AVI DV files can't be loaded into Pinnacle Studio 9

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Lately I have been trying out the demo of Pinnacle Studio 9 as I'm
interested in trying some of the features such as surround sound.
When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
Is this a common problem when transferring files created by different
video editors?
Out of interest if I was to create a video using Pinnacle studio 9 and
set up the surround sound then load it into Ulead Studio Pro 7 would I
lose the surround sound effect?

Regards Brian
9 answers Last reply
More about files loaded pinnacle studio
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    > When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    > Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    > Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?

    No, it's not a bug. Sounds like the file you saved was a DV type I AVI file,
    which Studio doesn't support. You'll have to save it to a DV type II AVI
    file and you'll be able to import it just fine.
    //cory
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    Sorry that last bit should read
    then load it into Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7
    I've corrected the text below

    Regards Brian.

    Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:

    >Lately I have been trying out the demo of Pinnacle Studio 9 as I'm
    >interested in trying some of the features such as surround sound.
    >When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    >Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    >Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
    >Is this a common problem when transferring files created by different
    >video editors?
    >Out of interest if I was to create a video using Pinnacle studio 9 and
    >set up the surround sound then load it into Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7 would I
    >lose the surround sound effect?
    >
    >Regards Brian

  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    "Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
    > Lately I have been trying out the demo of Pinnacle Studio 9 as I'm
    > interested in trying some of the features such as surround sound.
    > When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    > Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    > Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
    > Is this a common problem when transferring files created by different
    > video editors?
    > Out of interest if I was to create a video using Pinnacle studio 9 and
    > set up the surround sound then load it into Ulead Studio Pro 7 would I
    > lose the surround sound effect?
    >
    > Regards Brian Ulead Video Studio 7

    Brian, I've installed in my computer Pinnacle 9.08, Ulead Video Studio 7 &
    MyDVD 5.02, I find Studio 9.08 very good, so far... but I share your
    experience, Studio 9 will not accept files as you describe. Although, I
    remember someone telling me that this could be fixed but I don't remember
    how. I must say that Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 is well above Studio 9...

  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    "Buchetamo" <buchetamo@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

    >"Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
    >> Lately I have been trying out the demo of Pinnacle Studio 9 as I'm
    >> interested in trying some of the features such as surround sound.
    >> When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    >> Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    >> Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
    >> Is this a common problem when transferring files created by different
    >> video editors?
    >> Out of interest if I was to create a video using Pinnacle studio 9 and
    >> set up the surround sound then load it into Ulead Studio Pro 7 would I
    >> lose the surround sound effect?
    >>
    >> Regards Brian Ulead Video Studio 7
    >>
    >Brian, I've installed in my computer Pinnacle 9.08, Ulead Video Studio 7 &
    >MyDVD 5.02, I find Studio 9.08 very good, so far... but I share your
    >experience, Studio 9 will not accept files as you describe. Although, I
    >remember someone telling me that this could be fixed but I don't remember
    >how. I must say that Ulead Media Studio Pro 7 is well above Studio 9...

    Thanks Buchetamo for your reply.
    It's a pity that Media Studio 7 does not allow surround sound editing
    like Pinnacle Studio 9 does. It would be fun to experiment with.

    Regards Brian
  5. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote:

    >> When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    >> Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    >> Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
    >
    >No, it's not a bug. Sounds like the file you saved was a DV type I AVI file,
    >which Studio doesn't support. You'll have to save it to a DV type II AVI
    >file and you'll be able to import it just fine.
    >//cory

    Thanks cory.
    Is there a way of knowing if a avi file has been written in DV type I
    or DV type II?

    Regards Brian
  6. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    It's in the options when you go to save the file in MediaStudio Pro. Hit
    options and then I think compression. From the drop down menu, you can
    choose your codec to use, and you'll want to use DV type II.
    //cory

    > "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    > >> Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    > >> Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
    > >
    > >No, it's not a bug. Sounds like the file you saved was a DV type I AVI
    file,
    > >which Studio doesn't support. You'll have to save it to a DV type II AVI
    > >file and you'll be able to import it just fine.
    > >//cory
    > >
    > Thanks cory.
    > Is there a way of knowing if a avi file has been written in DV type I
    > or DV type II?
    >
    > Regards Brian
  7. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    Also, if you just want to convert your file instead of re-rendering it from
    the timeline, just go File/Convert/Video File. Then, when at the Save
    screen, hit Options, then the Compression tab, and pick type II AVI.
    //cory

    "Brian" <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote in message
    > "Cory" <here@there.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> When loading an AVI DV saved by Ulead Media Studio Pro 7, I find that
    > >> Pinnacle Studio 9 won't accept the file.
    > >> Is this a bug in version 9.04 of Pinnacle Studio 9?
    > >
    > >No, it's not a bug. Sounds like the file you saved was a DV type I AVI
    file,
    > >which Studio doesn't support. You'll have to save it to a DV type II AVI
    > >file and you'll be able to import it just fine.
    > >//cory
    > >
    > Thanks cory.
    > Is there a way of knowing if a avi file has been written in DV type I
    > or DV type II?
    >
    > Regards Brian
  8. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    > It's in the options when you go to save the file in MediaStudio Pro. Hit
    > options and then I think compression. From the drop down menu, you can
    > choose your codec to use, and you'll want to use DV type II.
    > //cory
    Correction: Hit Options, then the AVI tab, then choose DV type II from the
    Compression pull-down menu.
    //cory
  9. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

    You should "drag" the avi into the Studio window....

Tuner Cards Pinnacle Video Studio Graphics