AGP 8X support?

Hello. I am having a problem with XP's AGP support. My nVidia control panel
says that both my Video Card and my mobo support 8X AGP but my OS only
supports 2X. My brothers machine only supports 4X AGP but he gets almost
double the FPS in DOOM3. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this
problem. I have already installed the newest Hyperion drivers and nVidia
drivers but niether helped. I'll list my system specs below in case it helps
someone come up with an answer. Thanks a million!

AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
ASUStek A7V8X-LA mobo
VIA KM400(A) VT 8237 chipset
BFGTech 5500 OC 256 MB video card
Compaq FS7600 monitor

Is the AGP set to 8x in the BIOS?
www.coribright.com

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is the AGP set to 8x in the BIOS?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "CamKong" <CamKong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I am having a problem with XP's AGP support. My nVidia control
> > panel
> > says that both my Video Card and my mobo support 8X AGP but my OS only
> > supports 2X. My brothers machine only supports 4X AGP but he gets almost
> > double the FPS in DOOM3. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this
> > problem. I have already installed the newest Hyperion drivers and nVidia
> > drivers but niether helped. I'll list my system specs below in case it
> > helps
> > someone come up with an answer. Thanks a million!
> >
> > AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
> > ASUStek A7V8X-LA mobo
> > VIA KM400(A) VT 8237 chipset
> > BFGTech 5500 OC 256 MB video card
> > Compaq FS7600 monitor
> >

> Well, if my BIOS had that option I would have set it but, unfotunately I bought a premanufactured system(Compaq) and my BIOS is extremely user-unfriendly. The VIAArena forums has mentioned this problem and states that it is a VIA/Microsoft problem pertaining to the AGP to CPU driver but neither company has provided a solution.

Do you have the Via Hyperion drivers installed?