Newbie question: VHS to DVD

Mike

Splendid

I just bought a PCI capture card and I need to know the best software to use
to capture and record high quality video to burn on DVD, using S-Video
input, price is not an issue. What format can I use to get the highest
quality? MPEG-2? It doesnt matter how big the file size is.

thanks

Which card? What manufacturer?

--Leonid

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:00:36 GMT, "Mike" <nospam@email.com> wrote:
>I just bought a PCI capture card and I need to know the best software to use
>to capture and record high quality video to burn on DVD, using S-Video
>input, price is not an issue. What format can I use to get the highest
>quality? MPEG-2? It doesnt matter how big the file size is.

Read the tutorials and reviews here http://www.videohelp.com

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

In article <UmDjc.14120748$Id.2344589
@news.easynews.com>, nospam@email.com says...
> I just bought a PCI capture card and I need to know the best software to use
> to capture and record high quality video to burn on DVD, using S-Video
> input, price is not an issue. What format can I use to get the highest
> quality? MPEG-2? It doesnt matter how big the file size is.

If it's a BT8x8(?) chip, grab a copy of VirtualVCR and
the PicVideo MJPEG codec. Capture to AVI, convert using
TMPGEnc Plus (or another MPEG2 encoder), author using
whatever.

If it's the Hauppauge PVR 250/350 that captures straight
to MJPEG2, use something like SageRecorder (haven't used
personally).

Your question is so vague... have you spent time looking
at the guides on www.dvdrhelp.com ?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Mike" <nospam@email.com> wrote:

>I just bought a PCI capture card and I need to know the best software to use
>to capture and record high quality video to burn on DVD, using S-Video
>input, price is not an issue. What format can I use to get the highest
>quality? MPEG-2? It doesnt matter how big the file size is.
>
>thanks

Well is you want the best then take a look at Sony Vegas 5, Ulead
Media Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro
Sony Vegas 5 is very popular
Adobe Premiere Pro has been around for a long time
If you are new to video then Ulead Media Pro 7 would be easier to use
then the other two.
Mpeg-2 is the choice to create a DVD video.

If money is no problem then you should consider getting an analog to
digital converter such as Canopus ADVC-100 and a firewire card.

Regards Brian

TRENDING THREADS