How do I save Video files as MPEG and also reduce file siz..

I am using MovieMaker, but when it saves, it does not have an option for
MPEG...

I want to also reduce the sizes of my files, but I want them to play without
lagging or fuzzy segments... I need to reduce them to 10MB or even 5MB in
order to send them to my Video Hosting Provider...

The file sizes I have are... 22.5 MB 14MB and 12.5MB

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about save video files mpeg reduce file

    MPEG code/decode/encoders require paying a licensing fee. Since it would
    cost more and MS has their own, IMO, superior product, it just is not there.
    If you need DVD compatibility to write to disc, you will need to buy an
    authoring package.

    Try using a lower resolution for WMV. You could use the Fit into size
    selection when you save it. If you really want to go crazy, download the
    Windows Media Encoder, save the files as DV-AVI, and use the Encoder to
    really customize the output. But the warning is that the encoder has many
    more options and settings. It will allow you to create a custom output, but
    it will also not stop you from making outputs that don't work (its a feature
    ;) ). All of the options can be daunting too.

    Just faking some math up... 4GB = 1hr of 6000kbps MPEG (constant bit
    rate) - a standard sort of DVD using MPEG2 with PCM audio. 4GB ~= 4000MB.
    4000/60(mins) ~= 67MB/Minute. So, if is about 67MB/Minute for 720x480 30
    frames per second MPEG2 video. As an experiment, I encoded a 2:16 DV AVI
    video I have (500MB) as VBR with Peak at 2MB, 1MB average. That is similar
    to DVD. The final file is 21MB. So, about 10MB a minute. Plus, I have
    found that the MS codec has better color! I think I calculated that right,
    but it does look funny.

    I have a sample video that you could see that is at DVD quality (but
    640x480). The file size is 17MB for 1 minute of video.
    http://versatilemediasolutions.com/DVDPromo.wmv And no, this was not
    done in MM. ;)

    "BabieBunnie" <BabieBunnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am using MovieMaker, but when it saves, it does not have an option for
    > MPEG...
    >
    > I want to also reduce the sizes of my files, but I want them to play
    without
    > lagging or fuzzy segments... I need to reduce them to 10MB or even 5MB in
    > order to send them to my Video Hosting Provider...
    >
    > The file sizes I have are... 22.5 MB 14MB and 12.5MB
    >

    > Thanks!

Video MPEG Microsoft Windows XP