When I save my movies to cd's. My audio is out of sync
with my movie. Its about a second behind the scene.
Does anyone know what causes this???? Thanks

There's a hotfix for that particular problem,the # is:887131

"Poway" wrote:

> When I save my movies to cd's. My audio is out of sync
> with my movie. Its about a second behind the scene.
> Does anyone know what causes this???? Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Andrew E referenced an update 887131 to fix sync problems.

Two questions:

1: Does this work with DirectX 9.0c?
I have seen references to KB831937, but that just works with 9.0, a, and b -
when I try to install it with 9.0c, I get a message that it is already
installed.
A search for downloads containing "887131" comes up empty, as does a search
for "Quartz.dll", as referred to in the only MS page to contain "887131",
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887131. Since that
page was last reviewed last October, I thought it might be outdated.

2: How can I find this hotfix?
If the update is still current, how do I find it? Since I have an OEM copy
of Windows XP, MS wants to charge for support. (If the update referenced here
is obsolete, they will charge me just to tell me that.)

In case there are other suggestions:
My specific issue - I have captured video to an AVI file, provided by ATI TV
included with the TV Wonder USB 2.0 and updated to the latest version.

I imported this file into WMM (drag-and-drop) and it still played fine from
inside WMM. After dragging the file to the timeline and saving to WMV ("High
quality video (NTSC)"), the audio is now out of sync with the video. My
reason to do so is simply to get a smaller file size (from typical 4-6GB to
typical 1.5-2GB).

Thanks.
(Replied in microsoft.public.windowsxp.video; cross-posted to
microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker. Additional info added because of
cross-posting.)

Subject: RE: audio out of sync with video 2/22/2005 1:26 AM PST
By: Andrew E. In: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video

> There's a hotfix for that particular problem,the # is:887131

Subject: audio out of sync with video 2/20/2005 8:56 PM PST
By: Poway In: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video

> When I save my movies to cd's. My audio is out of sync
> with my movie. Its about a second behind the scene.
> Does anyone know what causes this???? Thanks

The solution suggested by PapaJohn (referenced below) was essentially my
solution - I saw in a post / reference (I believe from PapaJohn,
incidentally) that AVI does not sync the audio with the video, hence there
are inherent sync issues. (Yes, the original file was in sync and WMM should
have kept it in sync, but that's
another matter...) My capture software allows capture as a WMV9 file as well
as AVI. The WMV file was the same size as the AVI file, but different format.
I then used WMM with the same procedures as before, and had no sync issues
this time.

Michael Pollard

Subject: Re: Problems Rendering from DV-AVI Files 6/30/2005 1:05 PM PST
By: PapaJohn (MVP) In: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

"B. Peg" wrote:

> > "Poway" wrote:
> > When I save my movies to cd's. My audio is out of sync...
> Some speculate it is a problem with frames, others are blaming the sound or
> video card, others blame the processor speed, and another group blames the
> software. Who knows?
> I did one tonight where the audio and video synch was off a few seconds on a
> DivX AVI movie rip I did to put it in my portable player. The thing was off
> a little at the beginning and a bunch at the end.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

When MS update things, like DirectX, if they have found a problem it will be
addressed in the next update, therefore 9c will have any updates to a nd b
already in it, the reason you get the message it is already installed.
As for teh time lag, what file type is it you are importing into MM?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Michael Pollard" <Michael Pollard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C393D456-8FB3-4C38-B11F-5F5B13381651@microsoft.com...
> Andrew E referenced an update 887131 to fix sync problems.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1: Does this work with DirectX 9.0c?
> I have seen references to KB831937, but that just works with 9.0, a, and
> b -
> when I try to install it with 9.0c, I get a message that it is already
> installed.
> A search for downloads containing "887131" comes up empty, as does a
> search
> for "Quartz.dll", as referred to in the only MS page to contain "887131",
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887131. Since that
> page was last reviewed last October, I thought it might be outdated.
>
> 2: How can I find this hotfix?
> If the update is still current, how do I find it? Since I have an OEM copy
> of Windows XP, MS wants to charge for support. (If the update referenced
> here
> is obsolete, they will charge me just to tell me that.)
>
> In case there are other suggestions:
> My specific issue - I have captured video to an AVI file, provided by ATI
> TV
> included with the TV Wonder USB 2.0 and updated to the latest version.
>
> I imported this file into WMM (drag-and-drop) and it still played fine
> from
> inside WMM. After dragging the file to the timeline and saving to WMV
> ("High
> quality video (NTSC)"), the audio is now out of sync with the video. My
> reason to do so is simply to get a smaller file size (from typical 4-6GB
> typical 1.5-2GB).
>
> Thanks.
> (Replied in microsoft.public.windowsxp.video; cross-posted to
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker. Additional info added because of
> cross-posting.)
>

> Subject: RE: audio out of sync with video 2/22/2005 1:26 AM PST
> By: Andrew E. In: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
>
>> There's a hotfix for that particular problem,the # is:887131
>

> Subject: audio out of sync with video 2/20/2005 8:56 PM PST
> By: Poway In: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video
>
>> When I save my movies to cd's. My audio is out of sync
>> with my movie. Its about a second behind the scene.
>> Does anyone know what causes this???? Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I was importing an AVI file created by ATI TV 9.08. The original AVI file
plays fine both in WMP and WMM, but the movie created from it by WMM (to get
a smaller file size) is not in sync. I have since started saving from ATI TV
to WMV9 files since WMV files don't have the same problem. (I found out that
AVI files don't have any embedded sync information.)

Thanks.
Michael Pollard