Media Player does not recognize DVD or VCD

I am running XP Home SP2 and Media Player 10. I had a trial version of the
product DVDRegion Free. I used add/remove to remove it, but now when I try
to bring up Media Player, I get the message "Windows can not find
C:\Progra~1|DVDREG~1\DVDRegion Free.exe". Click ok and Media Player comes
up, but under the play pulldown menu DVD, VCD and CD Audio are not enabled
for selection. Audio CD's do play. DVD's and VCD's do not. The indication
is: "no disk installed". The folder, DVDRegion Free still exists in Program
Files and contains 2 files: DVDShell.dll and DVDRegionFree compiled HTML Help
File. Appreciate helop on this one.
1 answer Last reply
More about media player recognize

    Use system restore to a point before you installed it and maybe it will
    work, then in future don't try to get around this sort of item if you want
    trouble free computing.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am running XP Home SP2 and Media Player 10. I had a trial version of
    the
    > product DVDRegion Free. I used add/remove to remove it, but now when I
    try
    > to bring up Media Player, I get the message "Windows can not find
    > C:\Progra~1|DVDREG~1\DVDRegion Free.exe". Click ok and Media Player comes
    > up, but under the play pulldown menu DVD, VCD and CD Audio are not enabled
    > for selection. Audio CD's do play. DVD's and VCD's do not. The
    indication
    > is: "no disk installed". The folder, DVDRegion Free still exists in
    Program
    > Files and contains 2 files: DVDShell.dll and DVDRegionFree compiled HTML
    Help
    > File. Appreciate helop on this one.

Video DVD VCD Media Player Windows XP