(Yet) More Capture problems using XP and SP2

I used to do a lot of capturing but have done none since installing SP2.

I have the TI IEEE1394 card recognised in Device Manager, and when I turn on
my camera (powered from the cable, not batteries) XP Pings as if it
recognises the camera. Then within 3 seconds it pings again as if I've
plugged the camera out. I've tried a different FW cable but same effect.

Can anyone help?
2 answers Last reply
More about capture problems

    It can indicate an insufficient PSU.
    www.coribright.com

    "SP2CaptureProblems!" <SP2CaptureProblems!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:1434F12B-FB39-479B-9385-5619B676CD19@microsoft.com...
    >I used to do a lot of capturing but have done none since installing SP2.
    >
    > I have the TI IEEE1394 card recognised in Device Manager, and when I turn
    > on
    > my camera (powered from the cable, not batteries) XP Pings as if it
    > recognises the camera. Then within 3 seconds it pings again as if I've
    > plugged the camera out. I've tried a different FW cable but same effect.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    Cari

    It's not an insufficient PSU.

    I tried to uninstall SP2 but that killed my machine. I've rebuilt now,
    installed SP1a and it works like a charm! But I want SP2....how can I make it
    work with SP2?

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > It can indicate an insufficient PSU.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "SP2CaptureProblems!" <SP2CaptureProblems!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message news:1434F12B-FB39-479B-9385-5619B676CD19@microsoft.com...
    > >I used to do a lot of capturing but have done none since installing SP2.
    > >
    > > I have the TI IEEE1394 card recognised in Device Manager, and when I turn
    > > on
    > > my camera (powered from the cable, not batteries) XP Pings as if it
    > > recognises the camera. Then within 3 seconds it pings again as if I've
    > > plugged the camera out. I've tried a different FW cable but same effect.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help?

Video Cameras Windows XP