Some advice to beginners using video editing programs

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

I use to have my screen set to 800 x 600 resolution. I tried 1024 x
768 but the program names were too small to see.
Recently I found out that you can change the dpi (dots per inch) from
96 to 120, making the filename text easier to read when using 1024 x
768 screen resolution on a 17 inch monitor.
Since changing to a higher resolution many of my problems have gone.
It looks like most if not all video editing programs are written for a
screen resolution of 1024 x 768. Some video editors don't state what
the screen resolution should be. One example is when trying the demo
version of Pinnacle Studio 9 I could only see part of the preview
screen when using 800 x 600 but Pinnacle does not tell users that they
should use a resolution of 1024 x 768.
If your using a 14 inch monitor then you should upgrade to a 17 inch
or more monitor. It's difficult to see the details in the picture on a
small monitor and viewing the time line on a small monitor is also
difficult.

Regards Brian

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:40:13 +1200, Brian <nospam@anywhere.com> wrote:

>It looks like most if not all video editing programs are written for a
>screen resolution of 1024 x 768.

Specially since the arrival of that bullshit named Skins.