Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

How to download and save streaming quicktime files?

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Download
  • Streaming
  • Quicktime
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 3:01:31 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
accomplish this?

More about : download save streaming quicktime files

April 29, 2004 3:54:09 PM

> Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
> quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
> accomplish this?

Just look at the page source HTML and use the direct link to the video to
download it...

--
rIO.sK
www.officineitalia.it

On 4/29/2004 2:54:09 AM, rIO wrote:

>> Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
>> quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
>> accomplish this?
>
> Just look at the page source HTML and use the direct link to the video to
> download it...

That doesn't always work. You often end up with a tiny .mov file that
still needs to connect to the internet to stream the actual video.

What you then need is something like Streambox VCR Suite (Google).
--
"I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
days and doesn't die."

Now playing: "Grand Funk Railroad - Mr Limousine Driver"
April 29, 2004 5:25:44 PM

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:01:31 -0400, Jim Gunn <Jim_Gunn@Yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
>quicktime .mov files to my hard drive?

Visit your browser's cache. It may have the .qt extension, though.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 8:38:32 PM

Jim Gunn wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
> quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
> accomplish this?

Quicktime Pro lets you save .mov files right off the internet. It cost
29 bucks, but I think its worth it because the Pro version lets you take
any file such as an .avi file and turn it into a .mov or visa-versa.

-Richard