How to download and save streaming quicktime files?

Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
accomplish this?
4 answers Last reply
More about download save streaming quicktime files

    > Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
    > quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
    > accomplish this?

    Just look at the page source HTML and use the direct link to the video to
    download it...

    --
    rIO.sK
    www.officineitalia.it

    On 4/29/2004 2:54:09 AM, rIO wrote:

    >> Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
    >> quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
    >> accomplish this?
    >
    > Just look at the page source HTML and use the direct link to the video to
    > download it...

    That doesn't always work. You often end up with a tiny .mov file that
    still needs to connect to the internet to stream the actual video.

    What you then need is something like Streambox VCR Suite (Google).
    --
    "I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five
    days and doesn't die."

    Now playing: "Grand Funk Railroad - Mr Limousine Driver"

    On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:01:31 -0400, Jim Gunn <Jim_Gunn@Yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
    >quicktime .mov files to my hard drive?

    Visit your browser's cache. It may have the .qt extension, though.

    Jim Gunn wrote:

    > Does anyone know if it is possible to download and save streaming
    > quicktime .mov files to my hard drive? What is the best way if any to
    > accomplish this?

    Quicktime Pro lets you save .mov files right off the internet. It cost
    29 bucks, but I think its worth it because the Pro version lets you take
    any file such as an .avi file and turn it into a .mov or visa-versa.

    -Richard

Tuner Cards Download Streaming Quicktime Graphics