Sharing my Internet Connection without using a router

I have two PC, one of them is connected directly to my modem and both of them
have a wireless NIC. Is there a way to share my Internet Connection using my
wireless NIC without any router?

Thanks

John
2 answers Last reply
More about sharing internet connection router

    yes just use ics as standard

    mike

    > I have two PC, one of them is connected directly to my modem and both of
    them
    > have a wireless NIC. Is there a way to share my Internet Connection using
    my
    > wireless NIC without any router?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    ---

    "mike" <mike@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > yes just use ics as standard
    >
    > mike
    >
    > "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have two PC, one of them is connected directly to my modem and both of
    > them
    > > have a wireless NIC. Is there a way to share my Internet Connection
    using
    > my
    > > wireless NIC without any router?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > John

    Indeed, I used to do that very thing (wired nics plus bluetooth connection).
    However the drawbacks (in case you weren't aware) are that both pcs have to
    be on at the same time. It worked fine for me - I coudl put up with it IOW -
    until my machine that connected to the net developed a serious cooling issue
    if left on for any length of time due to a faulty graphics card, and it
    turned out to be cheaper to buy a wireless ap / router modem all in one than
    replace the graphics card !

    Rachael

Wireless Routers Internet Connection NIC Wireless Networking