Sharing my Internet Connection without using a router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 16, 2004 3:09:06 AM

I have two PC, one of them is connected directly to my modem and both of them
have a wireless NIC. Is there a way to share my Internet Connection using my
wireless NIC without any router?

Thanks

John
September 16, 2004 11:21:40 AM

yes just use ics as standard

mike

> I have two PC, one of them is connected directly to my modem and both of
them
> have a wireless NIC. Is there a way to share my Internet Connection using
my
> wireless NIC without any router?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

---
a b F Wireless
September 17, 2004 6:05:33 PM

"mike" <mike@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> yes just use ics as standard
>
> mike
>
> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have two PC, one of them is connected directly to my modem and both of
> them
> > have a wireless NIC. Is there a way to share my Internet Connection
using
> my
> > wireless NIC without any router?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John

Indeed, I used to do that very thing (wired nics plus bluetooth connection).
However the drawbacks (in case you weren't aware) are that both pcs have to
be on at the same time. It worked fine for me - I coudl put up with it IOW -
until my machine that connected to the net developed a serious cooling issue
if left on for any length of time due to a faulty graphics card, and it
turned out to be cheaper to buy a wireless ap / router modem all in one than
replace the graphics card !

Rachael