movie maker problem

February 24, 2005 9:33:01 PM

When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
different movie to someone

More about : movie maker problem

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 2:39:02 PM

that means the clips had been deleted somehow

"jokacey" wrote:

> When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
> opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
> and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
> different movie to someone
August 1, 2005 6:28:05 AM

Are you sending and receiving actual video or a project file from windows
movie maker 2? look at the file extension is it a .wmv or .mpeg or is it a
..mswmm ?

"stansmith" wrote:

> that means the clips had been deleted somehow
>
> "jokacey" wrote:
>
> > When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
> > opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
> > and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
> > different movie to someone
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:24:05 AM

It means your source files haven't been copied with the movie. MovieMaker
(and PowerPoint) only uses shortcuts to your original source images and
music, so if you're using pictures from a network or website you need to copy
them across onto your hard drive. Not sure why if you saved and burned your
movie in Windows MovieMaker it didn't work - when I tried, it copied a neat
little package of source files and exe file so it would run elsewhere.
All I know is it's a real pain 'cos you have to save multiple copies of
images all over the place if you use more then one computer!!! I have to burn
stuff on my PC 'cos my laptop's not got a writer, but use all my shows from
my laptop!

!