movie maker problem

When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
different movie to someone
3 answers Last reply
More about movie maker problem

    that means the clips had been deleted somehow

    "jokacey" wrote:

    > When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
    > opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
    > and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
    > different movie to someone

    Are you sending and receiving actual video or a project file from windows
    movie maker 2? look at the file extension is it a .wmv or .mpeg or is it a
    ..mswmm ?

    "stansmith" wrote:

    > that means the clips had been deleted somehow
    >
    > "jokacey" wrote:
    >
    > > When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
    > > opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
    > > and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
    > > different movie to someone

    It means your source files haven't been copied with the movie. MovieMaker
    (and PowerPoint) only uses shortcuts to your original source images and
    music, so if you're using pictures from a network or website you need to copy
    them across onto your hard drive. Not sure why if you saved and burned your
    movie in Windows MovieMaker it didn't work - when I tried, it copied a neat
    little package of source files and exe file so it would run elsewhere.
    All I know is it's a real pain 'cos you have to save multiple copies of
    images all over the place if you use more then one computer!!! I have to burn
    stuff on my PC 'cos my laptop's not got a writer, but use all my shows from
    my laptop!

    "jokacey" wrote:

    > When I received a movie and imported it into movie maker, I only got the
    > opening credits, and then every clip showed just an "X" on the storyboard,
    > and a blank, black picture on the preview screen....same when I e mailed a
    > different movie to someone

Video Movies Movie Maker Windows XP