teac dw-224e cdrw not working properly

I have installed ez cd creator and it messed up my computer big time
(blue screen of death). I went to safe mode and uninstalled. I found a
generic cd driver on the net, i can watch dvds and listen to music but
i cannot write to the drive. I would reinstall the OS but i have a win
movie maker project that is important to me not to mention other things
that i need. how can i fix or how can i save my work so i can reinstall.
I have seen posts on this problem through ask.com but nothing helpful.
Its a presario 3000 notebook if that helps any.Help please :(

--
pgubz420
1 answer Last reply

    Check that writing to cd is enabled in the properties of the drive.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "pgubz420" <pgubz420.1l33pp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I have installed ez cd creator and it messed up my computer big time
    > (blue screen of death). I went to safe mode and uninstalled. I found a
    > generic cd driver on the net, i can watch dvds and listen to music but
    > i cannot write to the drive. I would reinstall the OS but i have a win
    > movie maker project that is important to me not to mention other things
    > that i need. how can i fix or how can i save my work so i can reinstall.
    > I have seen posts on this problem through ask.com but nothing helpful.
    > Its a presario 3000 notebook if that helps any.Help please :(
    >

    > --
    > pgubz420

Video CD-Rom Windows XP