Handycam Newbie

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 1, 2004 2:57:29 PM

I just got a Sony MiniDV Handycam and have a simple question.

I took a couple of short movies and plugged the camcorder into the
computer and was able to import the items from the MiniDV tape into
iMovie. It played the tape and downloaded in real time.

Might there be a quicker way to download the content from the MiniDV to
the computer? If I take one hour of movies, does it take an hour to
download to it the computer? I think there should be a faster way, but
as I am a total newbie at this, I do not know.

More about : handycam newbie

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 3:27:17 PM

"Eliza" wrote ...
> I just got a Sony MiniDV Handycam and have a simple question.
>
> I took a couple of short movies and plugged the camcorder into the
> computer and was able to import the items from the MiniDV tape into
> iMovie. It played the tape and downloaded in real time.
>
> Might there be a quicker way to download the content from the MiniDV to
> the computer? If I take one hour of movies, does it take an hour to
> download to it the computer? I think there should be a faster way, but
> as I am a total newbie at this, I do not know.

Some special equipment used by news crews can transfer
at 4x, but the rest of us are stuck with real-time. You don't
want to know how expensive it is.
May 1, 2004 10:28:26 PM

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "Eliza" wrote ...
>
>>I just got a Sony MiniDV Handycam and have a simple question.
>>
>>I took a couple of short movies and plugged the camcorder into the
>>computer and was able to import the items from the MiniDV tape into
>>iMovie. It played the tape and downloaded in real time.
>>
>>Might there be a quicker way to download the content from the MiniDV to
>>the computer? If I take one hour of movies, does it take an hour to
>>download to it the computer? I think there should be a faster way, but
>>as I am a total newbie at this, I do not know.
>

> Some special equipment used by news crews can transfer
> at 4x, but the rest of us are stuck with real-time. You don't
> want to know how expensive it is.

lol. Okay. First camcorder and was just wondering! Thanks.
!