Video capture through Firewire

Hi
I am having Sony DV Camcorder from which i want to capture DV to my pc
through Firewire. I am on Win XP Home and installed the drivers for my
firewire card and connectivity is also fine. When I start Windows movie maker
I am able to control the play back rewind and fast forward of my Camcorder
from windows movie maker but when I start capturing the video after 1 min my
pc is gettig restarted, I tryed this with ULead se 7 and Nero also problem is
same. I am able to capture the video from my camera on my laptop which just
working fine.
Pl help in resolving this.
1 answer Last reply
More about video capture firewire

    Could be a pc hardware problem rather than a software one, what are the pc
    specs? Can you check the temp of the pc? Does it happen with any other apps?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Ratnakar" <Ratnakar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I am having Sony DV Camcorder from which i want to capture DV to my pc
    > through Firewire. I am on Win XP Home and installed the drivers for my
    > firewire card and connectivity is also fine. When I start Windows movie
    maker
    > I am able to control the play back rewind and fast forward of my Camcorder
    > from windows movie maker but when I start capturing the video after 1 min
    my
    > pc is gettig restarted, I tryed this with ULead se 7 and Nero also problem
    is
    > same. I am able to capture the video from my camera on my laptop which
    just
    > working fine.
    > Pl help in resolving this.

Video Firewire Windows Movie Maker Windows XP