how do i use camcorder for web cam

how do i use camcorder for web cam..i have old cam can i convert and use rca
plugs?
3 answers Last reply
More about camcorder

    You'll need a video capture card. The WinTV cards work well for this, but
    you'll need a converter cable to use the RCA jacks to the input video line of
    the card.

    FYI - for the most part, the WinTV card and the cable will cost you about
    the same money as buying a web cam...so it sort of defeats the purpose.

    Regards,
    Tom

    "bill" wrote:

    > how do i use camcorder for web cam..i have old cam can i convert and use rca
    > plugs?

    Same money, but the TV card can have many other uses. I would opt for the
    WinTV card.

    "Greg O'Brien" wrote:

    > Same money, but the TV card can have many other uses. I would opt for the
    > WinTV card.
    >
    > "Tom Owens" <Tom Owens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > You'll need a video capture card. The WinTV cards work well for this, but
    > > you'll need a converter cable to use the RCA jacks to the input video line
    > > of
    > > the card.
    > >
    > > FYI - for the most part, the WinTV card and the cable will cost you about
    > > the same money as buying a web cam...so it sort of defeats the purpose.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Tom
    > >
    > > "bill" wrote:
    > >
    > >> how do i use camcorder for web cam..i have old cam can i convert and use
    > >> rca
    > >> plugs?
    >

    > Can you tell me how to get video in from my digital camera's video out port.
    Thanks

Video Camcorders Microsoft Windows XP