how do i use camcorder for web cam

You'll need a video capture card. The WinTV cards work well for this, but
you'll need a converter cable to use the RCA jacks to the input video line of
the card.

FYI - for the most part, the WinTV card and the cable will cost you about
the same money as buying a web cam...so it sort of defeats the purpose.

Regards,
Tom

"bill" wrote:

> how do i use camcorder for web cam..i have old cam can i convert and use rca
> plugs?

Same money, but the TV card can have many other uses. I would opt for the
WinTV card.

"Greg O'Brien" wrote:

> Same money, but the TV card can have many other uses. I would opt for the
> WinTV card.
>
> "Tom Owens" <Tom Owens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You'll need a video capture card. The WinTV cards work well for this, but
> > you'll need a converter cable to use the RCA jacks to the input video line
> > of
> > the card.
> >
> > FYI - for the most part, the WinTV card and the cable will cost you about
> > the same money as buying a web cam...so it sort of defeats the purpose.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tom
> >
> > "bill" wrote:
> >
> >> how do i use camcorder for web cam..i have old cam can i convert and use
> >> rca
> >> plugs?
>

> Can you tell me how to get video in from my digital camera's video out port.
Thanks