Windows media and Desktop

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can you
tell me how?

"I Love my vieo" wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
> video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can you
> tell me how?

Well, it <i>is</i> possible, but not though XP. The only thing I've seen do
that is InterVideo WinDVD. The shadows look kind of weird, but it's still
pretty neat.

Unfortunately, you can't really <i>set</i> it as a desktop. You have to open
WinDVD, go to Display menu, and click Video Desktop within the Video Window
menu. Also, the feature doesn't support all formats... and I believe .wmv is
one of the ones it doesn't support. Well, that's no suprise seeing that the
program was designed for DVD media.

Still, WinDVD is a great product. I highly recommend WinDVD 6. Not only
because it can put a video on the desktop, but because all of the extra
features. TrimensionDNM (DNM stands for Digital Natural Motion) is an
excellent feature on WinDVD. It can smooth a video like nothing I've seen
before. The audio boost pack is another neat feature that enhances the audio.
It has SRS effects as well as Dolby and Spatializer effects.

I know a lot of this wasn't really needed, but I just wanted to brag about
this program. >_>;; Anyways, as with almost all of my messages, if you want
to thank me or whatever, don't reply to this. Please just mail me at
scarslasher@yahoo.com

Thanks

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

You can easily place a playing video on your desktop by embedding the video
on a local HTML page and selecting that as your background.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

"I Love my vieo" <I Love my vieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
> video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can
> you
> tell me how?

Thanks a lot but. Both of you. One question for you Rehan, how can i put it
in an html?

"Rehan" wrote:

> You can easily place a playing video on your desktop by embedding the video
> on a local HTML page and selecting that as your background.
>
> --
> Rehan
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "I Love my vieo" <I Love my vieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
> > video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can
> > you
> > tell me how?

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Copy paste the following html code in the notepad. change the file name and
path in the "EMBED src=" line to one you want to play as background video.
Save the file as "desktop.htm" (or something else but the extension should
be htm).

Then from "Control Panel->Display->Desktop->browse..." select the file you
just saved. if thing go right the webpage should now be displayed as your
desktop with the video embedded and playing full screen.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>My Desktop</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<EMBED src="c:\eid2004s.wmv" autostart=true loop=true ShowControls=0
fullscreen=true>
</BODY>
</HTML>