Windows media and Desktop

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can you
tell me how?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows media desktop

    "I Love my vieo" wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
    > video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can you
    > tell me how?

    Well, it <i>is</i> possible, but not though XP. The only thing I've seen do
    that is InterVideo WinDVD. The shadows look kind of weird, but it's still
    pretty neat.

    Unfortunately, you can't really <i>set</i> it as a desktop. You have to open
    WinDVD, go to Display menu, and click Video Desktop within the Video Window
    menu. Also, the feature doesn't support all formats... and I believe .wmv is
    one of the ones it doesn't support. Well, that's no suprise seeing that the
    program was designed for DVD media.

    Still, WinDVD is a great product. I highly recommend WinDVD 6. Not only
    because it can put a video on the desktop, but because all of the extra
    features. TrimensionDNM (DNM stands for Digital Natural Motion) is an
    excellent feature on WinDVD. It can smooth a video like nothing I've seen
    before. The audio boost pack is another neat feature that enhances the audio.
    It has SRS effects as well as Dolby and Spatializer effects.

    I know a lot of this wasn't really needed, but I just wanted to brag about
    this program. >_>;; Anyways, as with almost all of my messages, if you want
    to thank me or whatever, don't reply to this. Please just mail me at
    scarslasher@yahoo.com

    Thanks

    You can easily place a playing video on your desktop by embedding the video
    on a local HTML page and selecting that as your background.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker

    "I Love my vieo" <I Love my vieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
    > video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can
    > you
    > tell me how?

    Thanks a lot but. Both of you. One question for you Rehan, how can i put it
    in an html?

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > You can easily place a playing video on your desktop by embedding the video
    > on a local HTML page and selecting that as your background.
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    >

    > "I Love my vieo" <I Love my vieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use a
    > > video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible can
    > > you
    > > tell me how?

    Copy paste the following html code in the notepad. change the file name and
    path in the "EMBED src=" line to one you want to play as background video.
    Save the file as "desktop.htm" (or something else but the extension should
    be htm).

    Then from "Control Panel->Display->Desktop->browse..." select the file you
    just saved. if thing go right the webpage should now be displayed as your
    desktop with the video embedded and playing full screen.

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>My Desktop</TITLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <EMBED src="c:\eid2004s.wmv" autostart=true loop=true ShowControls=0
    fullscreen=true>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    --

    "Please help me" <Pleasehelpme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks a lot but. Both of you. One question for you Rehan, how can i put
    > it
    > in an html?
    >
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    >> You can easily place a playing video on your desktop by embedding the
    >> video
    >> on a local HTML page and selecting that as your background.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rehan
    >> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    >>

    >> "I Love my vieo" <I Love my vieo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message
    >> >I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to use
    >> > video I made in windows movie maker as my desktop. If it is possible
    >> > can
    >> > you
    >> > tell me how?

Video Desktops Windows Movie Maker Windows XP