Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Converting *.vob to *.avi ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:04:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi file?

Tom

More about : converting vob avi

Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:04:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Tom Miller wrote:
> What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an
> *.avi file?
>
> Tom

In the MS world, VirtualDubMPEG2 and FlaskMPEG probably have the
best tools for pre/post processing frames to be converted. VDub
has better positioning controls when editing.

BJ
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:39:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

On a sunny day (Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:22 +0200) it happened ttttMil@yahoo.com
(Tom Miller) wrote in <c72v55$ekl$00$1@news.t-online.com>:

>What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi file?
>
>Tom
Linux transcode.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 12:19:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:22 +0200, ttttMil@yahoo.com (Tom Miller)
wrote:

>What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi file?
>
Quite a good program is DVD2AVI (
http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/ ), it can encode to DivX
if you have this codec installed.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 2:12:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

ttttMil@yahoo.com (Tom Miller) wrote:

>What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi file?
>
>Tom

AutoGordianKnot (free). See http://www.autogk.net/web/ for more details.

Tom
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 12:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On a sunny day (Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:22 +0200) it happened ttttMil@yahoo.com
> (Tom Miller) wrote in <c72v55$ekl$00$1@news.t-online.com>:
>
>>What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi file?
>>
>>Tom
> Linux transcode.

Is there a webpage for Linux transcode?

Jeff
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 10:47:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Jeff Grossman wrote:

> Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On a sunny day (Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:22 +0200) it happened ttttMil@yahoo.com
>>(Tom Miller) wrote in <c72v55$ekl$00$1@news.t-online.com>:
>>
>>
>>>What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi file?
>>>
>>>Tom
>>
>>Linux transcode.
>
>
> Is there a webpage for Linux transcode?

http://www.google.com/search?&q=linux%20transcode

Hint: You can do the above for really just about anything. :) 


-WD
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 4:44:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Looks like a great program.

I have a similar problem and would like to get .vob files into Premiere Pro.
Any recommendations for non-Linux users?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen
"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:qtCGc.189053$DG4.148650@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
> > Jan Panteltje <pNaonStpealmtje@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>On a sunny day (Sun, 2 May 2004 16:04:22 +0200) it happened
ttttMil@yahoo.com
> >>(Tom Miller) wrote in <c72v55$ekl$00$1@news.t-online.com>:
> >>
> >>
> >>>What is the best way to convert a *.vob encoded movie into an *.avi
file?
> >>>
> >>>Tom
> >>
> >>Linux transcode.
> >
> >
> > Is there a webpage for Linux transcode?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?&q=linux%20transcode
>
> Hint: You can do the above for really just about anything. :) 
>
>
> -WD
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 11:24:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Allen Kiefer wrote:
> Looks like a great program.
>
> I have a similar problem and would like to get .vob files into Premiere Pro.
> Any recommendations for non-Linux users?
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.


Have you tried just opening the VOB file? If Premiere Pro can open
MPEG2, it should be able to open VOB.

If it does not, then you could always open it with VirtualDub-MPEG2 and
frameserve to Premiere. (Possibly with the aid of ReadAVS and
VFAPIConv if Premiere doesn't support VirtualDub's Frameserving)

All of the above mentioned applications are linked from
http://myehhelper.courceforge.net


-WD


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 11:27:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Will Dormann wrote:

>
> All of the above mentioned applications are linked from

Make that: http://mythhelper.sourceforge.net


-WD


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 5:04:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:27:13 -0400, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>Will Dormann wrote:
>
>>
>> All of the above mentioned applications are linked from
>
>Make that: http://mythhelper.sourceforge.net
>
>
>-WD
>
>
>-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
>http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
If Premire can edit mpg then just change the vob extension to mpg.

Thank You
Don
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:08:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

I appreciate the Google tip, but I already tried that. :-) Lots of
information. I was looking for more 1st hand experience.

Have you used the program? How's is the quality of the conversion?

Thanks!


"David Chien" <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote in message
news:ccmj3c$7l3$1@news.service.uci.edu...
> Use DVD2AVI
> http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/guide.html
>
> Just search on "VOB to AVI" and you would have found this in seconds...
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:14:53 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Unfortunatley, Premiere does not appear to import vob files directly. I
tried just changing the extension and it worked a little. When I changed it
to "m2v" and mpg, but I only got the video.

I will check out the programs you recommended.

Thanks for the info!


"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:40edd75c_6@corp.newsgroups.com...
> Allen Kiefer wrote:
> > Looks like a great program.
> >
> > I have a similar problem and would like to get .vob files into Premiere
Pro.
> > Any recommendations for non-Linux users?
> >
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
>
> Have you tried just opening the VOB file? If Premiere Pro can open
> MPEG2, it should be able to open VOB.
>
> If it does not, then you could always open it with VirtualDub-MPEG2 and
> frameserve to Premiere. (Possibly with the aid of ReadAVS and
> VFAPIConv if Premiere doesn't support VirtualDub's Frameserving)
>
> All of the above mentioned applications are linked from
> http://myehhelper.courceforge.net
>
>
> -WD
>
>
> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:41:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

David Chien <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote:
> Use DVD2AVI
> http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/guide.html
>
> Just search on "VOB to AVI" and you would have found this in seconds...
Will this work for VOD files also?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 7:04:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.video.divx,comp.multimedia (More info?)

DVDCutter is the freeware program that I use all the time to convert
..VOB to .AVI, and it works GREAT. It even removes the Macrovision
copy protection. You can download it here
http://www.jummpa.com/download/dcmsetup.zip

Have fun!
!