Video Mode Error when Switching Users

I am Working with a Dell Windows Xp Home with SP-2 installed. It has no
viruses or spyware. There are three users - the parents are both
administrators and son is a limited user.

When the mother switches users, she receives this message "cannot display
this video mode" when switching users. After this, it goes into a test mode
on the screen (with the color block). She then has to reboot the system to
get my monitor back.

Can someone explain and advise on the corrective action.?

Thanks. Zonny
1 answer Last reply
More about video mode error switching users

    Ensure you have the latest graphics drivers from the graphic card
    manufacturer's website.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Zonny" <Zonny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am Working with a Dell Windows Xp Home with SP-2 installed. It has no
    > viruses or spyware. There are three users - the parents are both
    > administrators and son is a limited user.
    >
    > When the mother switches users, she receives this message "cannot display
    > this video mode" when switching users. After this, it goes into a test
    > mode
    > on the screen (with the color block). She then has to reboot the system
    > get my monitor back.
    >
    > Can someone explain and advise on the corrective action.?
    >
    > Thanks. Zonny

Video Microsoft Windows XP