Unable to play videos

Can anyone help.After dowloading movies from winmx I go to play them in
windows media player and sometimes only get sound,other times nothing at
all.I downloaded codec from microsoft site but no diff.Can anyone point me in
the right direction?

If they are AVI files they are probably encoded with DIVX. Get the DIVX
codecs from www.divx.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging