250gig external firewire drive problems

I'm trying to install a 250gig maxtor external firewire drive (via PYRO
drive kit)
and its only seeing 137gig max...

Are there size limitations via firewire??????

thanks!!

More about 250gig external firewire drive problems

    ">>BadBoy" <zzz@nospammers.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install a 250gig maxtor external firewire drive (via PYRO
    > drive kit)
    > and its only seeing 137gig max...
    >

    > Are there size limitations via firewire??????
    >

    > thanks!!

    No limitations by firewire, but the kit itself probably has the limitation.
    The answer is to buy another EIDE-->USB adapter that advertises the maximum
    size you need.

    ">>BadBoy" <zzz@nospammers.com> wrote in message news:<4095b60a$1_3@news4.uncensored-news.com>...
    > I'm trying to install a 250gig maxtor external firewire drive (via PYRO
    > drive kit) and its only seeing 137gig max...
    >
    > Are there size limitations via firewire??????

    Firewire does not have a 137GB drive limitation. But some ATA to
    Firewire bridges do have a 137GB limitation. I know that current
    ADS Pyro drive enclosures support large drives--I've got one here in which
    I had a 200GB drive. I think I bought the enclosure late last year.

    > Are there size limitations via firewire??????
    >

    > thanks!!

    I'm 99% sure it's a limitation of you operating system. What are you using?

    On 3 May 2004 03:01:30 GMT, ">>BadBoy" <zzz@nospammers.com> wrote:

    >I'm trying to install a 250gig maxtor external firewire drive (via PYRO
    >drive kit)
    >and its only seeing 137gig max...
    >

    >Are there size limitations via firewire??????

    Not Firewire as such, but there may be in other parts of the system.

    Partition the drive.

    Hey guys!

    I want to thank everyone for all their KWIK replies!

    The problem was with the drive kit... I was using an older ADS PYRO kit...
    and it just wouldnt see pass 137 gig!!!

    I switched the kit to a newer drive kit that I had... plugged it in...
    and immediately winXP saw the 250gig drive...

    Just had to partition and format it via Drive Management...

    thanks again!!!

    BRENT in Houston

    ">>BadBoy" <zzz@nospammers.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install a 250gig maxtor external firewire drive (via PYRO
    > drive kit)
    > and its only seeing 137gig max...
    >

    > Are there size limitations via firewire??????
    >

    > thanks!!

    http://www.uncensored-news.com

Tuner Cards Desktops Firewire Graphics