Running xp media center, p4, 1 gig ram. When I view tv in a window about 1/4
the size of my 19" flat screen, the image quality is very good and very
sharp. When I watch tv on full-screen it's blurry. Seems like with the
system I have, tv would be just as sharp on full screen mode. Any
suggestions to improve quality? Thanks

Hello

TV resolution is not design for that actually your monitor
provides better resolution and you will just have to use the lower
resolution

Al

christo wrote:

> Running xp media center, p4, 1 gig ram. When I view tv in a window about 1/4
> the size of my 19" flat screen, the image quality is very good and very
> sharp. When I watch tv on full-screen it's blurry. Seems like with the
> system I have, tv would be just as sharp on full screen mode. Any
> suggestions to improve quality? Thanks

Alvin,
If I have a tv tuner in my pc, why wouldn't I get the same sharp picture on
my 19" monitor that I would get on a 19" flat screen television? Thanks

"Alvin Brown" wrote:

> Hello
>
> TV resolution is not design for that actually your monitor
> provides better resolution and you will just have to use the lower
> resolution
>
> Al
>
> christo wrote:
>
> > Running xp media center, p4, 1 gig ram. When I view tv in a window about 1/4
> > the size of my 19" flat screen, the image quality is very good and very
> > sharp. When I watch tv on full-screen it's blurry. Seems like with the
> > system I have, tv would be just as sharp on full screen mode. Any
> > suggestions to improve quality? Thanks

As Alvin stated, the 19" monitor cannot deliver enough resolution to make
your video look like it would on a 19" TV screen. A TV monitor has higher
resolution for TV pictures than does your monitor. Conversely, try using a
regular TV screen as your computer screen, and you'll see that your desktop
will be soft and fuzzy. The two are meant for different signals, and are
optimized for each signal. Your 19" computer monitor is designed and
optimized for the type of signal delivered by a computer; your TV monitor
is designed to display NTSC signals.
You cannot expect to get the same quality on your computer monitor;
especially on a flat panel monitor (although you state that yours is a flat
screen and not a flat panel so this does not apply in your case).

Bobby