Olympus C-8080 - lens "noise" ?

Hello to All :)

I do have Olympus Cc-8080 and I did notice that during focusing lens
making noise, and take some time to do focusing specially in low
light condition.

Any comments will be appreciate.

Paul

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I believe the reviews and the manuals mention this sort of thing. I'm
generally not vary ecstatic about the focusing function on this camera. The
expand box in the center of the evf was a good idea, just not as useful as
it might be. I'd like to have the focus function on the thumbwheel instead
of just the directional buttons.

"Scuba Guy" <paulk@the-club.org> wrote in message
> Hello to All :)
>
> I do have Olympus Cc-8080 and I did notice that during focusing lens
> making noise, and take some time to do focusing specially in low
> light condition.
>
> Any comments will be appreciate.
>
> Paul

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

"Scuba Guy" <paulk@the-club.org> wrote in message
> Hello to All :)
>
> I do have Olympus Cc-8080 and I did notice that during focusing lens
> making noise, and take some time to do focusing specially in low
> light condition.
>
> Any comments will be appreciate.
>
> Paul

Some noise is to be expected. If it gets loud, it may mean there is a
problem. Most digicams have difficulty in focussing in low light. A few
have a light that turns on to assist the focussing.