Ad hoc HELP !!!

Hello

I'm running 2 PC with Win XP Pro SP1 a modem DSL ethernet, and each PC with
a Dlink 520+ wireless, both cards are as AD HOC.

In the Host Pc I run ICS, and in client not, but there is not connection at
all when I do it, if a take the wireless card of the bridge, both PC can see
each other, The Host PC IP is 192.168.0.1 and the ethernet modem is
connected to it, the wireless is 192.168.0.90 with gateway and DNS
192.168.0.1 and connects to internet fine and files sharing ok.
The client IP is 192.168.0.99 DNS and gateway 192.168.0.1 and can not
connect to internet, but files sharing is ok

What I'm doing wrong here

TIA

--

Earl

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
May be this can Help:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
mspx?pf=true
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Earl" <noespam@tumama.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm running 2 PC with Win XP Pro SP1 a modem DSL ethernet, and each PC
with
> a Dlink 520+ wireless, both cards are as AD HOC.
>
> In the Host Pc I run ICS, and in client not, but there is not connection
at
> all when I do it, if a take the wireless card of the bridge, both PC can
see
> each other, The Host PC IP is 192.168.0.1 and the ethernet modem is
> connected to it, the wireless is 192.168.0.90 with gateway and DNS
> 192.168.0.1 and connects to internet fine and files sharing ok.
> The client IP is 192.168.0.99 DNS and gateway 192.168.0.1 and can not
> connect to internet, but files sharing is ok
>
> What I'm doing wrong here
>
> TIA
>
> --
>
> Earl

Thanks Jack, but it was the first thing I did and not luck.

--

Earl Caravelle II

"Jack" <www.ezlan.net> wrote in message
> Hi
> May be this can Help:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
> mspx?pf=true
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "Earl" <noespam@tumama.com> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm running 2 PC with Win XP Pro SP1 a modem DSL ethernet, and each PC
> with
>> a Dlink 520+ wireless, both cards are as AD HOC.
>>
>> In the Host Pc I run ICS, and in client not, but there is not connection
> at
>> all when I do it, if a take the wireless card of the bridge, both PC can
> see
>> each other, The Host PC IP is 192.168.0.1 and the ethernet modem is
>> connected to it, the wireless is 192.168.0.90 with gateway and DNS
>> 192.168.0.1 and connects to internet fine and files sharing ok.
>> The client IP is 192.168.0.99 DNS and gateway 192.168.0.1 and can not
>> connect to internet, but files sharing is ok
>>
>> What I'm doing wrong here
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>>
>> Earl

Hello,

if you set you wireless client ip to 192.168.0.99 and the DNS and GATEWAY ip
to your bridged or wireless host netwerk ip (in your case 192.168.0.90),
everything should work fine. The ip of your Host PC (192.168.0.1) is
irrelevant and should be obtained automatically.

So just set DNS en gateway on your mobile pc to 192.168.0.90 and enjoy!!

Tim.