re-stating my question for simplicity

I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:

is there ANY software that allows the viewer to watch a slide show on
a standalone DVD player and simply go thru slides at their own pace by
hitting the chapter buttons on their player's remote? I am interested
in an app that allows an image to stay on the TV indefinitely until
the viewer commands it to move on (I know, I know - the "pause" button
accomplishes this - I am making these projects for my very old
grandfather, who might not even live to see them finished - the
simpler, the better).

thanks in advance -

Brian mc
9 answers Last reply
More about stating question simplicity

    "Brian McCabe" <briansmccabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
    > simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:
    >
    > is there ANY software that allows the viewer to watch a slide show on
    > a standalone DVD player and simply go thru slides at their own pace by
    > hitting the chapter buttons on their player's remote? I am interested
    > in an app that allows an image to stay on the TV indefinitely until
    > the viewer commands it to move on (I know, I know - the "pause" button
    > accomplishes this - I am making these projects for my very old
    > grandfather, who might not even live to see them finished - the
    > simpler, the better).
    >
    > thanks in advance -
    >
    > Brian mc

    I made a couple with DVD MovieFactory 3. Pretty simple and straighforward.

    Does that program have the functionality to set them up so that the
    viewer can navigate thru the images at their desired pace, so to
    speak? That's kind of a key issue.

    Thanks -

    Brian Mc

    p.s. Caught both Kill Bill movies this weekend - - good stuff!!

    > I made a couple with DVD MovieFactory 3. Pretty simple and straighforward.

    Try http://www.vcdeasy.org/

    If I'm not mistaken, It will do what you want pretty easily but I think that
    you will be limited to 99 pictures..............

    "Brian McCabe" <briansmccabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
    > simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:
    >
    > is there ANY software that allows the viewer to watch a slide show on
    > a standalone DVD player and simply go thru slides at their own pace by
    > hitting the chapter buttons on their player's remote? I am interested
    > in an app that allows an image to stay on the TV indefinitely until
    > the viewer commands it to move on (I know, I know - the "pause" button
    > accomplishes this - I am making these projects for my very old
    > grandfather, who might not even live to see them finished - the
    > simpler, the better).
    >
    > thanks in advance -
    >
    > Brian mc

    But not no frills and not cheap.

    "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    :
    : "Brian McCabe" <briansmccabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    : news:a00284fb.0405022031.7fa26f6f@posting.google.com...
    : > I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
    : > simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:
    : >
[...]

    I'm not exactly sure if you can manually skip the pictures, but you can set
    the delay time to just about anything so the pictures stay on the screen
    longer.

    > Does that program have the functionality to set them up so that the
    > viewer can navigate thru the images at their desired pace, so to
    > speak? That's kind of a key issue.
    >
    > Thanks -
    >
    > Brian Mc
    >
    > p.s. Caught both Kill Bill movies this weekend - - good stuff!!
    >

    > > I made a couple with DVD MovieFactory 3. Pretty simple and
    straighforward.

    Came free with my Sony burner....

    "Pete D" <dont.use@email.to.reply> wrote in message
    > But not no frills and not cheap.
    >
    > "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    > :
    > : "Brian McCabe" <briansmccabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > : news:a00284fb.0405022031.7fa26f6f@posting.google.com...
    > : > I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
    > : > simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:
    > : >
    > : > is there ANY software that allows the viewer to watch a slide show on
    > : > a standalone DVD player and simply go thru slides at their own pace by
    > : > hitting the chapter buttons on their player's remote? I am interested
    > : > in an app that allows an image to stay on the TV indefinitely until
    > : > the viewer commands it to move on (I know, I know - the "pause" button
    > : > accomplishes this - I am making these projects for my very old
    > : > grandfather, who might not even live to see them finished - the
    > : > simpler, the better).
    > : >
    > : > thanks in advance -
    > : >
    > : > Brian mc
    > :
    > : I made a couple with DVD MovieFactory 3. Pretty simple and
    > straighforward.
    > :
    > :

    There's also something called "Pictureshow" if that's all you want to do. A
    trial is here.
    http://www.ulead.com/dps/trial.htm BUT the MovieFactory which has that and
    a lot more is on sale this week at Compusa for $30 http://tinyurl.com/2lk64

    HTH...

    On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:44:42 -0400, "AA" <AA@AA.COM> wrote:

    >Try http://www.vcdeasy.org/
    >
    >If I'm not mistaken, It will do what you want pretty easily but I think that
    >you will be limited to 99 pictures..............
    >

    >"Brian McCabe" <briansmccabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
    >> simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:
    >>
    >> is there ANY software that allows the viewer to watch a slide show on
    >> a standalone DVD player and simply go thru slides at their own pace by
    >> hitting the chapter buttons on their player's remote? I am interested
    >> in an app that allows an image to stay on the TV indefinitely until
    >> the viewer commands it to move on (I know, I know - the "pause" button
    >> accomplishes this - I am making these projects for my very old
    >> grandfather, who might not even live to see them finished - the
    >> simpler, the better).
    >>
    >> thanks in advance -
    >>
    >> Brian mc

    And don't even think of Roxio (Photosuite 5), as far as stills go
    that is probably the worst program it has ever been my pleasure to
    deal with. Although it does a very good and easily understood job on
    video (movies) Easy CD Creator 6 Platinum. I have not tried verion 7
    of photosuite as I do not really want to spend more money in case it
    is no better.

    I well understand that Roxio no longer has a group here on the Use
    Network. I am sure they would be murdered with complaints.

    B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
    If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

    "Brian McCabe" <briansmccabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I asked earlier if anyone was aware of a no-frills software that made
    > simple slideshows possible. My revamped question is as follows:
    >
    > is there ANY software that allows the viewer to watch a slide show on
    > a standalone DVD player and simply go thru slides at their own pace by
    > hitting the chapter buttons on their player's remote? I am interested
    > in an app that allows an image to stay on the TV indefinitely until
    > the viewer commands it to move on (I know, I know - the "pause" button
    > accomplishes this - I am making these projects for my very old
    > grandfather, who might not even live to see them finished - the
    > simpler, the better).

    If all you need is a slideshow, you might consider making picture CDs. Most
    modern DVD players play Picture CDs. Kodak format is probably the most
    popular, but others conform to the same standard. Compupic Pro makes nice
    picture CDs. http://www.photodex.com/

Tuner Cards Software Graphics